Chapter 56- Saturday Night

Start from the beginning

Ashanti pushes it over to Faye.

" Do you think it's from L?" Mae asked.

" That'd be stupid. I mean they are both in the same school, if he wanted to talk to her, he'd do so now. Instead of sending her a letter." Michael explains.

" It's from one Owen Simpson." Veronica reads to Faye and suddenly, all the blood drains from Faye's face and she sat up.

" Guys is he watching?" She asked suddenly alarmed and Healenore looked up.

" Naaaa, he and his friends are sharing a joke or something."

Faye sighs.

" Oh my goodness, Fayanna, you're cheating on L." Efua suddenly concludes in surprise and all the girls were shocked because Faye could not even get defensive. She just deflated.

" Oh no." Mae face palms.

" Let me guess, you've been either ignoring him or pushing him away. That is why he knows something might be up and yet he can't ask you and keeps trying to read you from afar." Ashanti quizzes.

" How do you know all that?" Sarah asked.

" I had friends in weird relationships. It gets this way occasionally." Ashanti says and turns to Kweiba, " Dude you've been quiet the entire time, were you in on this?"

" No, I just knew about it. If Faye wasn't ready to talk, I can't let others know." Kweiba responds quietly.

" Wait, did you also do something?" Efua asked cutting up her omelets.

Kweiba grew silent.

" Ooooh, the aftermath of Ink It." Michael nods in affirmation and turned to Nesrina, " I thought you said nothing happened and that everything was just exciting and fun?"

" It was, we just lost a couple of them after some time but it was all fine, ask Ciarra."

At the mention of Faye cheating, Ciarra had gone back to memory lane and was absent minded.

" Ciarra?" Nesrina called again and she snapped out of it.

" Yes, she's right." She agrees trying to compose herself.

" Okay, now I feel like half of you have been acting strange this entire morning." Michael says in disappointment.

" How about you Vee, how are you doing?" Nesrina asked, taking her hand from across the table.

" Vee's getting married on Saturday." Efua discloses and Nesrina suddenly looked alarmed briefly, but she consciously masked it up with a warm smile.

" It's okay, even though I'm not going to be there, I still wish you the best." Nesrina assures her.

" What do you mean by you won't be there?" Healenore asked.

" My mom insisted I stay in for three years in boarding school until I learn my lesson."

" What exactly did you do to your mom?" Mae asked.

" It's a long story."

Faye slowly opened the envelope and a blue folded sheet fell out. She unfolded it nervously and read it.

It was in Owen's infamous cursive penmanship.

Hello Faye,

Before anything else, I'd like to apologize profusely for Saturday. I know I might have caused some sort of confusion between you and your partner. I am really really sorry but I can't say that I regret every single thing that happened between us.