"You know, baby, I could show you something more amazing." He leaned down on his side on his elbow and let his hand glide up Avie's thigh.

"JJ," She rolled her eyes and sucked in a breath. She missed his intimate touch.

"C'mon, it's been so long." He kissed her upper thigh.

"I can't. I'm still all messed up down there." She giggled.

"Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows and stopped moving his hand.

Avie laughed a little more, "I can't do anything until I'm all healed and the doctor gives me the okay."

"Oh," He sat up and looked down, "How long is that?"

Avie shrugged, "Couple more months."

"Months!?"

Avie laughed, "Sh, you're gonna annoy her." She looked at Riv who flinched and opened one eye at her father.

JJ looked at her and squinted his eyebrows, "You saw nothing." Riv half smiled at him then closed her eyes again.

Avie rolled her eyes with a smile on her face, "You'll survive. You have a hand."

~~~~

Avie and JJ stood at the door of her parent's house that afternoon. She stood nervously as she waited for an answer after knocking.

As the door swung open, Ashton stood there then puffed his chest the moment he saw JJ.

"Ash, do not do anything. I'm just here to get my shit." Avie spoke sternly and let herself in the house as she held Riv against her chest.

"Mom know you were coming?" Ashton shut the door behind the couple, stopping JJ at the door.

JJ stood before him with his eyebrows raised, "I'm not doin' anything." He held his hands up.

"Yes, Mom knows." Avie headed towards her room then turned and pulled JJ by one arm.

Ashton grabbed her hand and yanked it off him, "Uh-uh. He's staying out here."

"Relax." JJ titled his head to the side as he noticed how rough Ashton was with his sister. He didn't want Avie to get hurt and he sure as hell didn't want Riv to get hurt either.

"Ashton!" Avie furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"You heard what Dad said! He's not welcome in our house anymore! You're lucky he's even a foot inside the door." Ashton told her.

Avie narrowed her eyes at her brother, "Don't you dare touch him." She turned and walked into her soon to be old room and began grabbing bags to pack her belongings away.

JJ stood there awkwardly right inside the front door and rocked on his feet. Ashton watched him carefully with his arms crossed.

"How's it goin?" JJ asked.

"Don't fuckin' talk to me."

"Yes sir." JJ quickly shut his mouth and looked down and fiddled with his thumbs.

They stayed there for a few moments of silence, uncomfortable silence, before Ashton spoke.

"You know, I was startin' to like you."

JJ looked at him and raised his eyebrows, "Yeah?"

"Not anymore."

"Mhm, right. That's fair." JJ nodded quickly as he did not want to make Ashton more angry. He could tell Ashton's temper was like glass right now and if he pushed the man too hard he'd snap.