31. whats on the table

At the end of the week, the crew all gathered at Avie's house to have a night together. With both of her parents out of the house until late, it was the perfect place to gather.

Kie sat at the table as she rolled a joint with Ashton. Despite the pogues having a disliking for Avie's brothers, Ashton always used them for weed. They didn't mind because he always paid.

"Don't do it that way, dude." Ashton squinted his eyes to Kie's fingers as she rolled the joint.

"I'm sorry, are you rolling it or am I ?" She sassed him.

"Last time you rolled for me it didn't stick."

"That was a one time thing." She glared at him.

He rolled his eyes as she finished and handed it to him.

"I assume you guys are getting along?" Avie grinned as her and JJ walked into the kitchen.

"I think the right word is tolerating." Kie smiled sarcastically.

Ashton held the inhale for a moment before slowly releasing the smoke from his mouth. He nodded at JJ as he coughed, "You want?"

JJ looked at Avie knowing how he told her he was cleaning himself up. He hadn't smoked or drank as nearly as much as he used to. He used to go to school high every single day. But not anymore. Avie's belly was a reminder for him to keep his shit in check. He couldn't risk messing up his chance to be around his daughter.

Avie smiled at him, "Go for it." She stood on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek.

"You sure? I don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable." JJ raised his eyebrows at her.

Truth is.. Avie was actually jealous. She stopped drinking and smoking since she decided to keep it. She could use a high thanks to the stress the baby has been causing her. Between catching up on school work, working mornings at The Brew, the weight she was gaining; she wanted so badly to relax somehow.

She nodded at him.

"You're the best." JJ took the joint from Ashton's hand.

He inhaled slowly and held for a moment, exhaling away from his girlfriend.

"That's good shit."

Ashton smirked at him and nodded.

Kie smiled and took the joint from JJ to have herself a hit.

Avie sighed and hugged JJ's torso.

"What's up?" He asked her.

"I'm jealous."

JJ chuckled and rubbed her back.

"2 and a half months." Ashton looked at his sister, "And you can smoke whenever you want."

Avie smiled and nodded against JJ's chest.

"Two more months.. that's fuckin' scary." JJ spoke more to himself, "Kie, gimme that."