44. babies are like dogs

Avie laid on the bed of JJ's room at John B's place as she fed Riv early in the morning. JJ had gone to shower, which Avie had to admit she was very proud of. It was the little things to her that showed his efforts.

She was reminiscing on the events that took place yesterday with her family. She felt awful about leaving her mother because she knew it was most likely her dad that had made the decision. She could see Amelia was disappointed but Avie knew her mother held faith in JJ. She saw his loyalty.

After hearing a soft tap on the cracked door, Avie was taken out of her thoughts when she saw John B's face pop through.

She smiled softly, "Hey, JB."

"Hey," he began to walk in then quickly turned when he saw Riv nursing, "shit, sorry."

Avie giggled, "It's okay; I'm not hiding it."

"You sure?" He turned his head but didn't completely look.

"Just don't look at my boob." She told him awkwardly.

"Um, alright." John B slowly turned around, "I heard JJ's dropping?"

"Mm, yeah," Avie nodded her head, "I didn't really want him to but he apparently has a plan."

"A plan?" He raised an eyebrow at her, "JJ's plan?"

She rolled her eyes, "I'm trying to trust him again."

"Alright, alright." He looked down then back to Avie, "I'm sorry about what happened with your mom."

Avie shrugged, "I'm not really worried about her. We'll be fine. It's my brothers and dad. I don't think there's any forgiving or tolerating JJ this time."

"Can't say I blame them." John B admitted. Though the pogues loved their friend, they knew what he did was wrong. They couldn't imagine how it looked to her own family.

"Yeah," Avie sighed, "Me neither."

JJ walked back into the room with just a towel wrapped around his waist just as Riv unlatched and began to whine. She threw her head back and her arms up.

"She alright?" JJ asked then took clean clothes out of his drawers

"She alright?" JJ asked then took clean clothes out of his drawers. Well, maybe not freshly washed clean, but JJ's standard of clean.

John B looked at his friend then to Avie as he waited for an answer.

"She's fine. She just-" Avie tried pulling Riv's head back to latch again but she let out a cry and pulled away again. Avie huffed, "Can you grab me your shirt? I left it in her carrier last night."

"Mhm," JJ left the room to find her carrier for his shirt that she loved so much.

"His shirt?" John B chuckled.

"Yeah," Avie smiled and rolled her eyes, "We wrapped her in it the day she was born and it's become like her blankie."

John B let out another chuckle, "That's cute."