41. photos

"Oh my god, Mr. Bridgers was awful today! He wouldn't cut us some slack; it was the first day back from break!" Kie vented to Avie over the phone after their winter break had ended.

"Oh really?" Avie giggled as she sat at her kitchen table catching up on the school work she was behind on.

"Yeah! And on top of that we have a paper due on Friday already." Kie continued.

"What a hard life." Avie shook her head and jotted some notes down in her notebook.

"It really is." Kie sighed through the phone, "Oh! We're all chillin' at John B's in a little. We should be there any minute."

"Ah, I don't know. I am finally catching up on school work. Riv's been sleeping for 30 minutes already." Avie told her. Riv spent the morning and afternoon screaming her lungs out and finally passed out with JJ's t-shirt in her embrace.

"C'mon, we all want you to come. Right guys?"

"Yeah!"

"Come Aves!

"We miss you over here!"

Avie smiled hearing her friends through the phone.

"And listen," Kie sounded like she was climbing out of the Twinkie and walking inside, "Bring Rivvy once she wakes up and we'll all help."

"Yeah! You know I love helping with her!" Sarah yelled to Kie's phone.

Avie heard a door creek open through the speaker of her phone as all the voices went silent, "Um guys?"

"Avie... I think you should see this." Kie sounded a little frightened.

"What? What is it?" Avie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just get here quick. And um, you might want to leave Riv home."

Panic flooded through Avie's mind as she thought of what could be so urgent, "Okay, um, I'll be there as soon as I can."

She hung up the phone and ran to knock on Ashton's door.

"What?" He swung the door open, wearing his plaid pajama pants and his father's sweatshirt.

"Could you watch Riv for a bit? There's an emergency at John B's." Avie looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Last summer you'd say there was an emergency over at John B's and would get yourself into an emergency." He spoke as if he was her father.

"Ashton, please. She's sleeping and she should sleep for a while. This could have something to do with JJ!"

He rolled his eyes, "Oh, even better. Pogue that left you alone with his kid."

Avie sighed and held her hands together to plead.

"Fine! But make it quick; I don't got boobs to feed her."

"Promise! Thank you! She's in my room in her cot!" Avie grabbed her mini backpack as she rushed to the door.

Ashton looked at her like she was crazy, "Whatever.."

~~~~

Avie anxiously parked her car next to the Twinkie and grabbed her mini backpack before stepping out. She rushed to the door, forgetting what knocking was and swung the door open.

John B quickly jumped up and pushed his hands against her shoulders making her step back out on the porch.

"JB!" Avie looked at him confused.

"Avie, look... Before you go in there you need to brace yourself."

Avie's eyes immediately sunk knowing something was wrong, "I-is he okay?"