14. better look like me

"Here you are, m'lady." JJ placed a bottle of pills in front of Avie as she was in the same spot as when he left.

"JJ, what is this?" Avie picked up the bottle to examine it.

John B raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" JJ looked at her confused as he unpacked the bagels.

"These are anti-nausea pregnancy pills."

"And?"

John B laughed.

"I'm not nauseous anymore and these aren't going to help keep it healthy." Avie giggled at her boyfriend who tried his best to get what she needed.

"I couldn't find anything that said prena- whatever it's called!" JJ threw out the empty bag that held the bagels before.

John B grabbed his bagel and starting spreading cream cheese on it, "And you're gonna be a dad?"

"Shut up, I'm tryin' my best." JJ mumbled.

Avie stood up and wrapped her arms around his torso, "You are trying and I love that."

"Hm." JJ huffed.

"Whatever, man." John B sat and started eating his bagel.

"Here, baby." JJ began making Avie's bagel for her.

"Awh, thanks, J." Avie smiled.

"Incoming!" Kie yelled at her and Sarah entered the chateau.

"Hey guys!" Avie smiled even bigger when she saw her friends.

"Avie, my girl, how are you?" Sarah hugged her.

"I'm okay! I missed you guys." Avie looked at Kie who just smiled at her.

"Hey, Aves." Kie waved.

Avie was confused as to why Kie was being distant from her. Ever since she found out Avie was keeping the baby, she's been acting like she knows everything and shouldn't have kept it.

"Sarah," John B stood up and hugged his girlfriend, leaving a kiss on the crown of her head.

Sarah smiled into the hug.

"What's up, Kie?" JJ greeted and placed Avie's bagel on the table for her, "If I knew you guys were coming I would have bought more bagels."

"That's alright! We ate on the way here." Kie answered.

"Ate without us? Rude." John B added as he went back to eating his bagel.

Avie sat down and started eating hers, "Yeah, really."

"What are these?" Sarah picked up the bottle of pills and looked at it funny.

"Oh, JJ bought the wrong pills." Avie answered before taking another bite.

"Of course he did." Kie sat on the couch.

"What's that supposed to mean?" JJ acted offended.

"JJ, you shouldn't be preparing to be a father. Your shit isn't even together." Kie answered.

"Kie, we're adjusting together. He will be fine." Avie answered for him. She was annoyed at her friend for constantly bringing them down. It's like the more time passed, the more she needed to lecture them.

"I'm just saying. It's not too late."

"I'm not getting an abortion!" Avie shouted and slammed her bagel back on the plate causing everybody to jump and look between them.

"Aves, it's fine. I get what you're saying, Kie." JJ told Kie as he sat down at the table to eat.

"I don't think we should make comments on their situation. Pregnancy is more complex than just keep it or don't." Sarah added.