Chapter 2 (First and Second Meeting)

Jennie P.O.V

"The rain is pouring strong again," I pouted in disappointment.

"Yeah...I wish it would stop raining. I want to continue making my sand castle." my friend Nayeon said.

"I told you, it's true!" We heard someone screaming from the side.

"Is that our English teacher, Miss Par?" Nayeon asked.

"I think so."

Other teachers are helping her out of the room while the Principal follows behind as he talks to the phone. "Yeah, she suddenly went crazy."

"I am not crazy! Listen to me! Woman wearing all black!"

Nayeon pouted, "I'm going to follow them."

"Hey!" I tried to stop her but it's too late. She's already behind them along with other curious kids and parents who have not yet left the school.

I didn't follow her but I got a view of what's happening anyway. From here, I could still hear Miss Par's cry. Suddenly, the rain became more noticeable and somehow everything slowed down. Then I heard a laugh. A quite scary laugh. I turned to my side to see a woman wearing an all black clothing laughing then she stopped. She inhaled deeply and released it. She raised her hand forward to feel the rain. She watches as every droplet falls to her palm. Then she turned to me like something snapped her neck and suddenly she's now facing me. She retrieved her hand under the rain and placed it inside her leather jacket. She started moving towards me. I started to take a step back. There's something sinister about her but I couldn't tell what it is. She looks like a normal person to me but at the same time not really.

"What are you looking at, kid?" her voice sounds cold. Very cold.

I took another step back while she took another step forward until she finally caught up with me. She raised a hand and with a weak force, she pushed me by my head causing me to fall back on my back.

"Mind your own business. You don't know what you are getting yourself into." Then she disappeared into thin air along with my memory of her. I blinked once, twice and thrice. Why am I lying on the floor?

(Ten Years Later)

"What do you think of this dress?" I stared at my reflection in a huge mirror in front of me. I fixed my long brunette hair to the back of my ears. I stared at my brown eyes to check if the eyeliner I drew on earlier is still sharp. Then my glossy lips. I have to retouch that later.

"Good but...seriously, you should've just instead had a custom made." Nayeon checked the fabric of the dress I'm wearing.

"I told you, the party was sudden. I wasn't really planning to celebrate my 18th birthday. I mean, not this big. A small party in our house with the closest people I know."

"The closest one you have is me. Unless you want to call Kai again."

"No!" I would never want to see that guy again. He cheated on me and controlled my life. I don't want to see, even his shadow, close to me.

"Then you are going to have a huge party with people you don't know."

"Go to the nearest exit immediately!" Someone announced from outside of the shop we're in.

"What's that?" I asked Nayeon.

"I've got not a single clue. Hold on, I'll check. Stay here." Nayeon pushed the curtains that separates the dressing room from the rest of the shop. I tried to focus on examining the dress through the mirror when Nayeon came in again but in a rush.