Chapter 12

Selva woke up late the next day.

And he woke up, thrashing around as if he had had a bad dream. His heart was racing as he glanced around the room. It took him a moment to realise that it was almost afternoon. He checked his phone to confirm that and found that the battery was dead. So, he sat blinking, as he tried to recollect his dream. All he remembered were loud sounds and Anbu calling him from a place where Selva couldn't see him.

Then, he heard the loud knocking from the door. Anbu was calling his name out aloud from outside. Selva realised what had woken him up.

Adjusting his askew lungi, Selva stood up and stretched.

The knocking became louder and more urgent.

"I'm coming!" Selva bellowed as he went to open the door.

As soon as the door opened, Anbu tumbled inside, almost tripping over the doorstep and falling flat on his face. Selva rushed to catch him.

"Hey! What ha-"

"What did you do?" Anbu looked at Selva, mortal terror in his eyes.

"Why? What happened?"

Anbu's mouth seemed to have gone dry. He wiped his lips with his tongue before he replied. It was a reply that instantly chilled Selva's bones.

"Agilan has been arrested! His men are coming here for you!"