13

Ji-eun

I woke up hearing rustling sounds outside. Seems like everyone's busy this early. I walked out of my room only to be greeted by my brother's frowning face. We opened our door at the same time. I can't helped but laugh seeing his messy hair, puffy cheeks and pouting lips.

"Good morning buddy." I smiled at him.

"Good morning noona." He smiled back. "What's with that sound?"

I just shrugged and we both headed our way to the stairs. We saw maids busy decorating the house, Christmas tree being fixed and gifts being wrapped.

"Oh, I thought we have a tradition of not celebrating because we don't have any decorations ever since I got here." I said in amusement.

"It's my first time seeing this. We never celebrate here. Either we go abroad or stay at grandpa's. Maybe we'll stay home this year." He continued walking downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey, do you have any plans for today?" I asked him as he pours milk on a glass.

"Hmm? I think I'll just study then do some video games after." I furrowed because of his answer.

"Why? It's Christmas vacation, you should loosen up and enjoy the holidays."

He puts his glass on the table. And looked at me with sad eyes.

"Ever since you're gone, I'm not having too much fun. I thinks its unfair for me to be happy, you know. Besides, dad wants to see good results on my report card."

My heart aches seeing my brother suffers like this. Now that I'm here, I want him to be as jolly as before. I want to make up from all the times we've lost together.

I tapped the table to get his attention.

"Wanna have fun with me? Let's play and  do all the things we couldn't do together before. I'll make up to you."

His face lightened up and I swear I saw the happiest face I ever saw in my entire life. I don't wanna loose that smile, not anymore.

After fixing ourselves,  I messaged our mom that we'll be out since they're both not at home.  I'm already walking downstairs, when I saw a familiar figure on the couch holding a paper bag. He immediately stood up when he saw me. I smiled at him which he returned back.

"Good morning."

"Good morning to you too.  Perhaps do you need help escaping?" He said with a a mischievous smile on his face.

"Uh, I don't think so. What made you say that?" I'm confused.

His mouth formed and "O" then he puts his hands on it. "Well, I just thought that you're a Princess being locked up on this castle." as he winks. 

It made my face heat up. Gosh this guy really knows how to make a girl's heart flutter. He may not be your favorite but he'll make you swerve lanes.

What am I even saying?

"Whatever Dobby. Don't flirt with me remember our "bro code"?" I heard he mumbled something but I didn't understood it.

"What did you say? Can you please repeat it" I asked him.

"I said, where are you going?" I was about to answer but Junghwan already came running downstairs.