5

Doyoung's POV

"So you're telling me, that this is you?" She asked while pointing at our photo on her photo album.

I just laughed at her and nodded. I was a chubby kid back then and she's the only one who wants to be friends with me.

"Wow! You look so different now. I'm impressed." And you're still the same. You still have the most beautiful smile. I thought.

"So, you're alive. Glad to have you back." I looked at her sincerely. She just smiled at me. "Why? Something's wrong?"

"No not really. I'm just overwhelmed with all these events. My mind can't seem to process it." She sighed then looked at me. "But I'm happy that you're here. At least now, I know someone besides my family"

"Oh by the way, I found this. I kept on calling you but you ran away." I handed her her I.D.

"Thank you" She said shyly.

"Your dad must be a king" she furrowed and I continued. "Because you look like a princess" I winked then I pointed at her I.D picture with a smile.

I can see her cheeks turned reddish. I can't help it so I chuckled. Cute.

*Here is her picture*

_____

Ji-eun's POV

*The next  day*

I was fixing my bed when I heard a knock and someone entered my room.

"Let's have some coffee outside." He said with a wide smile.

"I'll just make some for you. Just so you know, I'm well trained on that field." I smirk. I worked as a part-timer on café before to support my studies.

"But I want some cake and donuts too." He pouted. This little baby sure eats a lot.

"Ok fine. Let me change my clothes first." He clapped happily and went out of my room.

We were about to go outside when our mom called us. She asked us to buy some stuffs from the grocery store. She said that our dad, which I never met will go home today and we'll have a special dinner later.

I noticed Junghwan's mood changed after he heard it but I just decided to ignore it for now. We use bicycles to enjoy the morning breeze. Once we settled on the café, I started to ask him questions.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you not happy he's going home." I asked him.

"No." He answered as he continued playing with his phone. He then give out a big sigh and continued talking. "Whenever he goes home, it's only about the business or there's something wrong with the company."

He then looked at me and said. "I'll protect you no matter what."

Confusion filled my mind about what he's talking about. I wanted to ask more questions but our order is now ready. "I'll get it" I said leaving him on the table.

We went straight to the department store after our breakfast. Since Junghwan needs his bathroom break I went ahead to the start the shopping. I grab a cart and at the same time another hand grabs the cart I'm holding. I looked at his face and our eyes met.

Oh it's the jerk from school. I gave him a death glare and pulled away the cart.

"It's mine." He said blankly as he pulled it towards him.

"No. It's mine. Let go dumbass." He was taken aback so I took the opportunity to pull the cart back.

I thought I won but he pulled it with full force that made me loose my balance. I closed my eyes waiting for my fall.

"Feeling too comfy?" and its too late to realize that I'm actually hugging the guy right now.

I let go and stand straight after hearing his voice.

I push the cart towards him. "Take it. I'll find another one."  then I hurriedly turn around to hide my embarrassed face.

"No, you take it. I'm just messing with you." Then he just walked past me and waved.

"Noona, let's go?" I felt a tap that brings me back to my senses.

I just nodded at him.

Why does my chest is pounding this hard? That jerk! I hope I'll never see you again.

____

Yedam's POV

So it's her. She's kinda cute but fierce.

I can't help but smile seeing her dumfounded standing there. Then Junghwan came and they walked away.

I don't really have anything to buy here. I just saw them at the café and decided to follow them and my hunch is correct. It is really the girl they'll marry me off with.

Looking how annoyed she is to me, I  wonder what will happen tonight. I can already sense the refusal.