Chapter 16

Daniella's POV:

Today me and Luke go back to Mr Hamilton for therapy again. I wasn't so sure I wanted to go or not but I decided to go so Luke would have someone to talk to instead of just Mr Hamilton, and because Luke begged me until I finally gave in.

"We're having individual therapy today kind of." Luke groaned as he walked into my bedroom, he spent the night last night because he wanted to make sure I was okay.

I acted calm and peaceful about it, not wanting him to know I was screaming in my head. No one knows this, mostly because I have no close friends other than Luke and my mom, if she even counts, but I like Luke, not like as a friend, but more, I want more but I know he will never feel the same so I'll never act on it.

"Why!?" I groaned just like him, falling onto the chair beside me.

"He says 'he needs to ask use personal questions'." Rolling his eyes before holding his hand out for me to take. It was such a sweet gesture but I know it meant nothing to him like it did to me, but I smiled like an idiot anyway.

"What's wrong?" He laughed out once I stood up fully, letting go of my hand, making my smile drop slightly.

"Nothing." I covered quickly, pulling my attention away from his bright eyes and to my feet, hoping he wouldn't notice my awkwardness.

He noticed...

"Are you sure? You was just happy, now your acting sad and sorta awkward." He quizzed.

"I'm fine." I smiled up at him, tossing all of the thoughts of him not liking me away.

"Okay, we need to get going." He grinned down at me, seeming happy with my response, but he didn't know it was all fake, I'm still sad inside.

I just nodded, not trusting my words at the moment, they could show my real emotions.

We didn't spend forever getting there, thankfully, I don't think I could handle having to talk to Luke about my mood changes.

"So today we're splitting you both up for awhile, not long, I'm just getting some answers I need." Mr Hamilton informed us as we sat down in front of him.

We just nodded as our responses.

"So I'm going to pull each of you out into a different room while the other stays in here, when I'm done with the questions I'll come back for the other and you'll trade off. But you may not talk about what I ask you with each other." He explained to us, "I'll take Dani first, follow me."

I did as he said, following him out of the room and leaving Luke behind.

"In here." Mr Hamilton pointed to the door on his left, only a couple doors down from where Luke is but long enough away so he can't here us.

"So what's up." I sighed, sitting down in the leather chair in front of a big desk.

"These questions are personal but I need to know them, it's apart of yours and Luke's healing process." He warned, "So first off, Do you like these therapy sessions with Luke?"

"Yes I do." I answered immediately.

"Do you think you would like these sessions without him?" He added.

"No." I frowned, not liking the idea of Luke not being with me during all the boring time and the hard times here.

"Do you and Luke hang out outside of therapy?" He continued.

"Yes, all the time actually." I laughed.

"Do you like hanging out with him?" He knew the answer but decided to asked anyway.

"Of course." I exclaimed.

"Do you think you would like to hang out with him if you didn't meet him in these sessions?" He quizzed.

"I really hope we would." I spoke kinda of sadly, I don't know what my life would be like without him, and I never want to find that out.

"And this is the last question." He stated, "Do you like Luke?"

"Um, y-yeah were friends." I stuttered. Did he mean as friends or what?, "What did you me-" I started but he cut me off.

"I meant, Do you have a like Luke? Do you want more than a friendship with Luke?" He elaborated.

"I-I..." I started to get flustered.

"You can trust me Dani." He assured.

"I-I, yes. Yes I do." I answered finally, actually happy that I finally got that off my chest to someone I can trust.