Chapter 10

Daniella's POV:

"What's wrong Dani?" The boys gushed out as I sat back down at the table.

"Nothing." I mumbled, dismissing their worried faces off.

"Here's your food." The waitress said as she placed our plates in front of us.

"Thank you." Luke nodded.

We all stayed quiet after she left, just eating our food in silence. Awkward silence.

"So Luke have you practiced any of the new songs lately?" Calum asked Luke after awhile.

"Yeah, I did yesterday actually. I found-" Luke continued to talk to the boys but I just zoned them all out.

I didn't know what to think at the moment, so many questions were racing around in my mind.

Did dropping out really solve any problems?

Should I go back to school?

How would the other students treat me if I went back?

Have they forgot about me already?

Have they forgot my secret?

I need to go back, I need an education, I need a life other than tv, internet, and therapy. I need friends, all I have is Luke and maybe the boys. I don't even know, I don't know them good.

"Dani?" Luke's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him, not saying anything though, just letting him know I'm listening now.

"We're going back to Ashton's apartment, do you want to go, or do you want us to drop you off at your house?" He questioned.

"I'll go with you, my moms not home anyways." I whispered.

"Okay, let's go." He grabbed my hand and helped me out of the booth, only then did I notice the boys had already walked out to Ashton's car.

"She's coming with us." Luke told them as we climbed into the back.

After about a 20 minute drive we arrived at a small apartment building.

"I've got to go and park my car down the road, here's the key, my apartments on the 3rd floor, number 338." He instructed us before pulling away and driving down the road.

We all walked up the stairs to his floor, when we found his door, we opened it and walked inside.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked Luke as we walked further into the living room.

"I don't know, I'll help you find it, come on." He smiled, walking down the hallway to our right.

"Here you go!" He cheered once he opened the door to Ashton's bathroom.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"I'll be in the living room with the boys." He informed me as he walked off, leaving me to do my business.

When I finished, I walked back down the hallway to where the others were. Stopping when I here them talking quietly.

"Why is she so shy?" I heard Michael ask.

"Yeah, she it doesn't seem like she likes us very much." Calum sighed.

"She likes you guys, you just have to give her time to open up to her." Luke assured them.

"She doesn't seem like your type Luke." Ashton spoke up after a moment of silence.

"What do you mean?" Luke raised his voice slightly.

"She just doesn't, she's younger than you, she doesn't talk much, she's a drop out, and more." Ashton listed.

"I don't care about age, and anyway it's just a year, that's nothing. And did you even listen to what I said before, she had to open up to you, then she'll be more talkative. AND I'm a drop out to Ashton." Luke defended.

"Luke, I think she's just going to cause you more problems, your already in therapy!" Ashton groaned in annoyance.

"You don't even know why I'm in therapy! Don't use that against either of us!" He growled, the topic of therapy getting to him.

"Then what is it Luke? Drug problems, drinking problems, craziness? Your none of that Luke, you need to get away from her, we've heard about her before." Ashton warned.

"I thought you guys didn't know her, you was asking questions that made it seem like it anyways." Luke wondered out loud.

"We do know her, she's insane Luke, she's not good for you. Haven't you heard the rumors?" Ashton questioned.

"What rumors? You know nothing about her!" Luke spat.

"She cuts herself, but she only does it for the blood, she's obsessed with it, she's like some sort of vampire or something." Ashton said, disgust written all over his face.

"Shut up Ashton, you don't know everything." Luke glared at him, getting up and walking down the hallway only to be meet by me.

"Dani." He rushed to my side, wiping a tear off my cheek. I didn't even know I was crying.

"H-he's right Luke." I cried, "I am insane, I do cut myself for blood, I am obsessed with it."

"I'm not good for you." I added on, almost so quiet that it was silent.

"You are good from me, don't think that Dani." He argued, pulling me into a hug. "Remember, I have the same problem, so your not insane."

"Luke you need to get away from me, I'm never going to get cured, you will. You have people that will help you, I don't. You have a future, I don't. You have hope, I don't." I was whispering by the time I finished.

"I'm not giving up Dani, I'm here to help you and your here to help me, we both will be cured." He tried to assure me.

"Luke-" I started but got cut off by him.

"Stop, don't doubt yourself, don't doubt me. We can do this Dani." He told me.

"Your so cheesy." I laughed, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I know!" He giggled, hugging me back tighter, if that was even possible.

"Can we leave?" I mumbled into shirt after standing there for a moment.

"Yeah, come on." He nodded, taking my hand in his, us walking hand in hand down the hallway towards the boys.

"Where we're you two?" Calum asked once he spotted us.

Luke just ignored him, pulling me along his side.

Ashton looked up at his, then down to our linked hands. When he looked back up at Luke, he looked disappointed, but Luke didn't seem fazed, he just glared at him before walking out of the apartment door.

"Luke, I don't want you friends to be mad at you or hate you because your hanging out with me." I sighed, trying to pull my hand away from his, but he wouldn't have it, he only held my hand tighter than before.

"I don't care what they think, it's my life not theirs, they can learn to deal with it or fuck off." He explained seriously.