Tree

"Oof- huh..? OH HEY MASKY." I said, as I looked around for Jack. Though it has seem like he jumped to the trees without telling me. He left me! I can't believe them!
"Rogers. Where is Jeff, your partner." Masky said looking around for Jeff. Hoodie was beside him.
"Oh he just... Uh." I stumbled for an excuse. "I just- He- He just went with Jane... and I kinda ditched him." I looked down. "Shit" I mumbled to myself.
"Let's go look for him, I guess." Masky said looking at Hoodie and looking back at me. I expected to be yelled at but I guess he did change. Maybe we are safe.
     We walked a few miles, not being able to find Jeff. I heard the trees rumbling, dammit Jack, your gonna get caught.
     "Is it just me or is there something in the trees, watching us." Hoodie said.
     "Fuck, shit, shit,  shitttt" I mumbled.
     "It just you Hoodie." Masky said. Did he know? Did he... Just lie to his "best friend" for me..? Woah. Okay. I looked at Masky, and he looked back. I mouthed "Thank you" to him. I pulled my mouth guard up and we kept walking. Minutes goes by, then Hoodie pulls out a gun.
     "I swear, there is something in the tree!" Hoodie said pointing the gun to the tree.
     "Brian calm down!" I yelled.
"COME OUT." Hoodie Yelled. "I know there is something there." Hoodie almost pulled the trigger when we all heard a yell, a little girls yell.
"EVERYONE!! COME INSIDE!" Sally Yelled. Hoodie looked back at the tree. He stared at it for a good while.
"Let's go." Hoodie said. We followed where the yelling was from, back to the mansion.

"Where were you Rogers!?" Jeff hissed. "I just went of a quick chat with Jane and Liu and when I turned, you left!"
"I'm sorry! I just-" I was cut off by Masky.
"He just got lost, now shut up both of you." He said walking away from the situation. We all walked into the building.
I flopped onto the couch. I checked the time, "7 pm."
"Can I talk to you Rogers?" Masky said. He then whispered to my ear, "about the creature."

(373 words)