Chapter 36 Lyons, Colorado - Angel

No marriage certificate on file in Boulder. No death certificate either. That means Aurora is here. And still alive.

I tip my head up and stare at the cloudy sky. Most of Lyons is still ash and dust. They didn't bother to rebuild what never should have been. 

I don't have a lot of time. Oddly enough, I never have. My time with Aurora, stolen moments in the night. Always too short. And my captivity which was too long. But they'll pay. Arthur knows damn well I'm out. And I know his tricks this time.

And the police are coming. The tracker, far too close to my heart to remove with ease, is giving away my location. The police are no match for me, they weren't before. But that's not going to stop them from trying.

I need to lead Aurora to me. Thankfully, I've had fourteen years to come up with the perfect way.

I tip my head back, slowly feeling the radio waves. One song. All of them the same song. Aurora will know it. And slowly I'll turn them off, leading her back here. Hopefully she's not far. If she is---if she isn't waiting---then fine, Armageddon will occur without her. And I can't keep her safe. Because I'm not going quietly this time. No I'll go down in flames. I'd rather die in flames than live as their prisoner another day.