DESIRE

I arrived home and it wasn't too late

I arrived home and it wasn't too late. I enjoyed my night with Nicoló. It was very fun and educational. I wanted to make sure that I returned the generosity that he showed me tonight. So, I invited him in for a cup of coffee. I didn't know if it was a good idea but it had been a while since I had company. I wanted to keep things professional with Nicoló but at the same time, I wanted to have a good business relationship with him as well. If we could bond a little, I could gather more information about him that could help me win his case. We walked inside and I closed and locked the door behind us. It was very cold outside, so I was happy to feel the warmth of my home. I walked into the kitchen quickly. I took my heels off as I made my way over to the coffee pot. Nicoló followed me quietly observing my house.

 Nicoló followed me quietly observing my house

"You have a nice home."

I giggled, "thank you. I haven't been staying in this house for that long. But I knew that it was the perfect place for me to live. I fell in love with this house the first time that I saw it."

"It's simple and you live in a quiet neighborhood so that's a bonus."

I turned around to finish making the coffee as he took a seat at the kitchen island. I didn't know what we should talk about now. It seemed like we discussed a lot at the restaurant and on the way here.

"Do you stay here alone?"

I laughed, "of course I do. I like the privacy of living alone. It's very peaceful and I wouldn't have it any other way. It does get lonely sometimes and can be scary. But I love living alone for the most part. What about you? Do you live alone in that big house of yours?"

"Kind of, I have maids. They live there a few days out of the week but for the most part, you can say I live alone."

"So, what do you do for work? I know that you said that you don't want to be involved with your father's business. So, what do you do to make money?"

"I have a way of supporting myself. Regardless of if I want to work for my father or not, I have to. So, I do things for him every now and again that make me a substantial amount of money."