Unexpected

The weekend was over and now it was time to return to work

The weekend was over and now it was time to return to work. I was a little devastated that I had to go back to work because I wanted my vacation desperately. I sat down in my chair and checked my phone as I waited for Emma to come. I was supposed to be meeting with her today so that we could discuss a little bit more information about Nicoló's case. I felt like if I got a little bit more information it would help me beat the case. The judge had already decided that the case would be broken down into three separate days. On the first day, I would be able to defend him and offer the jury my information. The day after that the prosecutor would question him and present his evidence to the jury. And the third day would be the final decision. It was going to be a lot of work because I was going to have to work with him for the next month. That was going to be very difficult because he wouldn't even talk to me. I had to gather all my information from his assistant. Hopefully, she knew what she was talking about, and she was giving me the correct information. I heard a knock at the door, and I answered quickly. Nia walked in and smiled at me.

"Hey, I wanted to make sure that you were ready for Mr. Santoro."

I cleared my throat, "yes. You can go ahead and tell Emma to come on."

She walked out of the room, and I waited patiently for Emma to come in. To my surprise, Nicoló walked in. He took a seat in front of my desk, and I stared at him confused. I wasn't expecting him at all. I stared at the door for a minute hoping that Emma would walk in any minute.

"My assistant will not be attending today. She had other matters that I needed her to address for me. You wanted to talk, so let's talk."

I was shocked by his rudeness, and I couldn't help but wonder was he always this way. I stood up from my desk and walked over to close my door. I wanted to make sure that we had privacy and no one else intervened with the case. I could feel his eyes on me and that made me nervous. I turned to face him, and he smirked biting his lip. I walked over to my desk and crossed my arms over my chest. He raised an eyebrow and waited for me to speak. I was shocked to see him have a small amount of patience. I knew that he wasn't a patient man, so I needed to get this meeting started.