Chapter 39 [✔]

4 months later

I was sitting in my room in the Malfoys manor getting undressed from a mission that I had just come back from, my back was hurting and I was extremely tired.

I just wanted to sleep, the bags under my eyes were darkening and my eyes had become dull, no longer the bright colors that Hermione loved.

Slipping on a black shirt and jeans I stretch ready to take a nap, but the sound of the door slamming open with the sounds of someone struggling against someone else stops me from falling asleep.

The sounds of multiple voices not bothering to be hushed.

I grab my wand and hurry out of my room, but I'm stopped by Draco.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he dragged me back into my room.

"You do not want to go down there," He says calmly, not giving me any context.

"Why?"

"You just don't," He says.

"You have to give me a reason, I don't have to stay here," I growled.

"I don't have to do anything," He was cut off by the door behind him opening with Narcissa Draco's mother standing there, a frightened but stonewalled expression on her face as she peeked her head into the room.

"Draco we need you downstairs," she said solemnly.

"Alright," He said, his mother left back down the way she came and he turned back to me yet again his grey eyes full of fear and regret.

"Draco...what are you not telling me...?" I ask him, my voice shaking from the feeling of the unknown.

"Stay here...I have to go," He says, leaving me alone.

Despite what he told me I decided to follow him once I was sure he had left and was far away enough.

My feet padded softly on the mahogany floors, the cold of the manor causing me to shiver the cold increased with the confusion and uncertainty that I felt as I made my way to where I believed Draco went.

I paused outside of the main hall, my back up against the wall as I listened to the conversation inside the room.

"Is that him?" His father was saying.

I had no idea who he was talking about...

"I-I'm not sure if it's him," I hear Draco say to his father talking about whoever they were...But then it hit me: Him the only him would be Harry Potter.

That would mean that Hermione is in there, she had to be, I knew she was with him, there were reports of three in the group Harry Potter was in.

Ronald Weasley.

Harry Potter.

And Hermione Granger.

I wanted so badly to go in there and embrace her, but I knew that was impossible, not only would I get killed but so would Draco and his family as well as my father...and Hermione...she would as well.

"Then go get Y/N, she's much smarter than you anyways I'm sure she isn't dimwitted enough to not recognize Harry Potter," Lucius sighs.

"Oh, c'mon why can't we just bloody hand them over!" I hear Bellatrix screech impatiently.

"Don't be stupid Bellatrix, if we call him here and this is not Harry Potter-we are dead, all of us no matter what we are dead," Lucius says heatedly steadily growing irritated.

"Draco, go get Y/N to please my dear," I hear Narcissa say to Draco.

"Yes Mother," I hear his footsteps pad towards me with the click of his heel as he turns the corner.