Chapter 13 [✔]

The wonderful thing about being underneath Black Lake was that the sun wouldn't wake you up if the curtains were open.

Instead, a dim light would spread through your room a greenish almost unearthly tint to it.

But no matter, I wake up at the break of dawn realizing that today was the first task.

I step out of my bed gazing at my sullen complexion in my mirror.

My green and silver uniform hung on the side of the mirror with a note pinned to the front.

I open the note:

"Y/N,
I wish you luck. I know you'll do great regardless. I trust you will not disappoint me... See you soon.
~Father"

So my father took the liberty of sending a letter to the people who gave me my uniform just so that I could have it this morning.

I sighed grabbing my uniform taking it out of my room and down the hall to the girl's showers.

Undressing, I walk into the stall and turn on the faucet.

The water rained down onto my skin waking me up so I could go over the papers that Hermione gave me.

I run the soap all over lathering it absentmindedly.

I turn the water off and dry myself with a fluffy white towel before dressing in my uniform; the right fabric being formfitting and small.

When I leave the bathroom, I walk up to the common room where Draco waited for me.

I take his hand and walk out of the common room with him up to breakfast.

Hermione hasn't told me anything of her plan to make Draco break up with me.

But I'm hoping it'll be soon.

I'm done pretending like I'm okay with the things that do to her.

Last week he sent her to the infirmary after he and Potter attacked each other carelessly aiming.

Potter hit Goyle and Draco hits Hermione.

I wasn't there when it happened instead I was waiting for Hermione in the library for our study session.

The other champions stand one by one when their name was called.

We all make our way out of the hall and down the hill to the Quidditch arena where the first task would take place.

Ludo Bagman explains everything that we will have to do when we enter the arena.

A bag was passed around in each of us chose from it a small version of the dragon we would be fighting.

Each of the champions would enter in order of the number tied around their dragon's necks: Cedric, Krum, Fleur, Harry, then me.

They all had their strategies: after all, we knew about it beforehand and just acted like we didn't.

I listened to the crowd's different reactions alongside Ludo Bagman's commentary that rocked the stadium.

Each of the champions returns to the tent, each of them wishing me good luck on the first task.

Harry comes in last, nodding at me just as my name was announced, the last sound ringing off the walls of the arena.

Slowly, but surely I make my way into the arena an American Longtail beaming its yellow eyes at me.

An American Longtails' special ability is that it had the strongest tail of all the dragons.

It can hold two times its body mass on its tail, which makes it even more deadly to its opponents.