Chapter 24 [✔]

Y/N P.O.V

The needle of the clock slowly rotates around the giant board filled with numbers.

It didn't even matter to me what time it was as I didn't know.

I was mindlessly staring at the clock for hours on end, each tantalizing tick filling my head with dread.

O.W.L.S was today.

Three vigorously boring hours filled with tests upon tests about the material that we have learned so far here at Hogwarts, as soon as that bell sounded we would be off to our exams-observed and prepared by none other than Dolores Umbridge.

I was sitting at my Transfiguration desk, twirling my quill around and around in my hand just like the small needle on the clock, I wasn't a hundred percent sure of what I was thinking of until the bell chimed.

Hurriedly I stuff my things in my bag and raced down the corridor to the common room to throw my book bag aimlessly on the closest table to me.

Then I make my way back up the hall to the Great Hall where the test would be taking place.

My mind kept swirling with the memory of Professor Dumbledore leaving Hogwarts due to the conspiracy of the D.A being his doing and that he was planning to thwart the ministry and become the minister.

That stupid, petty little friend of Cho Changs gave the list with the D.A member's names on it to Umbridge, and ever since she read my name she's been breathing down my neck any chance that she got.

I didn't care though...even when she became the temporary headmaster.

I felt lost.

Like some part of me was gone-destroyed for the better or the worse.

The girl I loved hurt because of me and my irrational thinking, I wasn't about to let my pride down though at least not enough to apologize first.

I see her now tying her hair back, straightening her station a look of terrible annoyance on her face.

With great difficulty, I turn my attention to my own perfectly straight station just as we were dismissed to begin our test.

First Question:

What's in a swelling solution?

'Easy'

Pufferfish eyes.

Really from then on the test was easier than I had expected it to be.

Suddenly, a cluster of explosion-like noises drifts into the Great Hall from the corridor.

I see Umbridge hurry her stubby legs to the door her eyes fixated on it as if she could see through it, when she throws open the doors they blow past her with hundreds of times the strength that her little body never had.

A collision of bright sparks lights up the area around her and she screams charging her way back to the Great Hall, but, a stream of red and yellow fireworks brightens our day, a chorus of laughter singing through the chaos.

I see the Weasley twins fly in on brooms grins on their faces.

They wink at me as the papers we were working on flew up into the air.

I grin standing up with my hands in the air just as everyone else had.

Umbridge was screaming bloody murder as a Dragon made up of fireworks chased her out of the hall and down the corridor- even the teachers were giggling despite themselves.

I swear I even saw Professor Snape crack a smirk before wiping it off as soon as it had been on.

The Weasley twins wave at everyone, earning a catastrophe of applause before dipping out of the Great hall, everyone rushes to watch them fly over the hills and out of the safety of Hogwarts.

                                                                                                                                         ➖➖➖

A week passed and we had retaken the O.W.L.S and were all waiting to receive our scores back in the summertime.

I was sitting in the common room 'Romeo and Juliet' fanned out in my lap.

I didn't notice any difference within the castle, no one in the common room had, but sure enough, a first-year came in dashing in through the picture frame waving his hands about.

"Umbridge is gone! Dumbledore is back!" He cries.

I throw my book to the side and hop out of the portrait, running to the ground floor where everyone was waving mockingly to a running Umbridge who was being chased off of the property of Hogwarts.

There was a giant following her making her look tiny-like an ant that was struggling to not be stepped on.

In some sadistic part of my mind, I found it especially pleasing to see her life being threatened by something she regarded as criminal and inferior.

Dumbledore stood off to one side with Professor McGonagall who had just arrived back from St.Mungos amid London-having been sent there by none other than Umbridge's work.

I smiled to myself-the pain in my hand fading as the woman who committed the crime fled the scene.

We all rejoiced that the true Headmaster of Hogwarts- It didn't matter who thought that Umbridge should have stayed here because that stubby hag is gone for good as are her ridiculous mandates.

The rest of the week went by rather smoothly and soon we were back on the train heading home for the summer holidays.

With a final goodbye to Draco, Astoria, and Theodore I drag my trunk off of the train and towards the entrance of Kings Cross Station.

I come to a stop on the outside of the station seeing someone who I've regretted seeing for a while: Corban Yaxley stands in his long black overcoat despite the warm weather his blonde hair long and pulled into a ponytail.

I walk over to him silent and ready for what he has to say.

"Hello...Daughter."

Word Count: 974

A/N: 2nd CHAPTER IN A DAYYYYYY okay anyways.