Chapter 38 [✔]

Hermione P.O.V

Back at home, I walked through the doors the smell of shepherd's pie greeting me as my parents cooked a meal to welcome me back.

It's sad how I'll remember them...

They tried so hard to give me the best life possible, sending me to the school that would give me the best potential results.

Making sure that I was happy and that I did everything that I was supposed to.

Even engaging in questionable conversations with my friend's parents that may have confused them but they did their best.

I'd only have a few weeks left with them until I had to leave.

But...I'd do my best.

----

Y/N P.O.V

The nights were getting longer filled with energy potions and strategizing with the rest of the death eaters.

I wasn't going back to Hogwarts next year because the situation at hand was far too important to abandon due to education.

But there was one thing that lingered on my mind whenever it wasn't occupied with thoughts of war-Hermione Granger.

There was something about the desperation in making me remember that made me start researching memory revivals.

I had no idea if it was true that my memory had been altered and I cannot remember if I had taken an unmarked potion or something like that.

Currently, I was in my manors basement where we kept our alchemy lab, the herbs labeled carefully the room was spotless and warm.

The rest of the death eaters were assisting Voldemort with some sort of mission but her father decided that this particular one was too dangerous for her to accompany them.

I toss in the jobberknoll feathers into the bubbling cauldron stirring clockwise five times before taking the memory potion off of the heat.

Thanks to being in double potions for years I became a good potion maker only if I follow the directions.

The orange potion smelt horrible but if I did the potion right then it will restore any memories that might be foggy or lost...but if I did it incorrectly then nothing will be left but a bitter taste in my mouth.

It said in the dark arts book that I was reading that the potion could take weeks to kick in but once it did the memories would appear quickly.

I fingered the other ring that was now decorating my chain, the two rings corresponding with each other with opposites.

But there was a connection between the two that I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was.

There was an engraving in the band of the ring Hermione forced me to hold; it read: 'my Juliet'.

Without a thought, I slip on both of the rings, the gold one on my right hand and the silver one on my left hand; on the finger that I would place a ring to signify my bond with someone one day.

I sat there while the potion cooled down enough for me to drink it feeling extremely frustrated that I didn't know who that girl was.

I want to.

I want to remember.

The potion tastes bitter and nasty almost as if wax had been poured down my throat it made its way through my body, through my veins and bones.

It was warm and comforting.

I didn't want it to end, but to everything good comes a harsh end.

My line of vision goes black just as my head hits the cobblestone of the basement, the remainder of the potion rolling away from me as a wave of memories comes flooding into my mind.

Four years' worth of memories that I had forgotten.

When I wake up I'm in my room, the warmth of my comforter pushed aside as I understand what had just happened.

Immediately I hurried to my stationary and began writing a letter.

Not one to send but one to keep until I can hand it over to the person who needed it the most.

That person was the one love I had ever experienced.

The one who I have betrayed over and over with my stupidity.

The one who loved me indefinitely regardless of what I did to her.

Hermione Granger.

Word Count: 905
A/N: Hi.
It's been a while.
Hasn't it.
I love yall.
Thanks for 24k and i never thought that I'd get here.
I'm fucking so happy.
Everything sucked but then I came back to Watty and am literally so happy.
Anyways yeah.
Update I am still in love with my best friend who has a boyfriend and am having a sleepover with her this weekend.
She also thinks I'm straight because I went to homecoming with my guy best friend.
So...I hate myself for that and wanna go jump off a cliff.
Anyways thank you for everything and just know there is going to be around 2-3 more chapters in this story!!! I'm sad that it'll be ending soon but I am also really happy because I've never made it this far before.
So yeah.
I love you all and thanks for reading my ted talk.

P.S the next chapter will be like 2000 words or something?! Idk