It was silent, but not awkward. Maybe they had truly come to respect each other tonight. If Hyunjin was serious about his acceptance... what else was stopping her? She could really dedicate herself now if they'd let her.

"You can go now," Chan spoke up to break the silence. It wasn't to be rude, but neither was speaking up so he dismissed her first. Lex nodded and stood up from her chair, heading for the door. Right, she figured she could check on Minho again.

"Oh, and Lex?" Chan stopped her before she left. Lex turned around, one hand on the door frame.

"Hmm?"

"You're welcome to stay again tonight," Chan said, staring at her with newfound respect, more than he had for her on their mission together. It was the last milestone to prove herself, saving someone who wouldn't have been grateful for it.

A genuine smile crossed her lips. "Thank you, Chan."

~

Minho sat on the living room couch, his leg propped on a cushion. He changed into different clothing but hadn't showered yet. His foot wasn't in excruciating pain, but he preferred not to stand on it. Jisung had helped him change and was making him a snack.

Minho told him he didn't have to, but Jisung insisted, and he wasn't going to refuse being pampered by him. The night was eventful for him. In the crossfire, Minho had been dragged off by one of the henchmen and slipped as they fell to the ground in a brawl. He was pinned at that moment, felt like that was his last moment. He was lucky when the man just as quickly dashed off when an explosion was heard, and Vixen called them back. He would never tell how much fear he actually felt then.

When managed to hobble back, Lex had been crying over him, something he didn't expect. He felt guilty, but deep down he was also touched he meant that much to her. And of course, Jisung.

Minho noticed the way Jisung kept glancing over at him while he was driving. He was half tempted to reach over and grab Jisung's hand but figured a car accident wasn't fair on the others in the car. But the idea of Jisung fussing over him wasn't so bad to him.

So here he was, slumped on the couch while his Jisung made him food. He wasn't sure what but appreciated anything. He also saw Lex make the trip to Chan's office. Footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs and he spotted a flash of cropped black hair. Speaking of Lex.

Lex bounded over to Minho and threw her arms around him, sighing in relief when he just as enthusiastically hugged her back. She rested her chin on top of his head and played with his hair.

"You freaked me the fuck out, you know know that?" Lex said quietly, her lips starting to quiver again. She was going to let him know how deep it affected but felt like he should at least know how much he now meant to her.

"I'm sorry, but I really struggled getting to my feet at first."

"Of course it's not your fault, I don't blame you," Lex assured, pushing his hair all the way back. Minho blinked several times, and her mouth twitched in amusement as she could tell he was getting a little annoyed. Jisung was also coming back into the room.

Lex let go of his hair. "How's your foot?"

"Not bad, really. It hurt a lot when I first twisted it, but it's starting to feel better," Minho explained, accepting the cup from Jisung with a smile. Once the other man returned to the kitchen, Minho whispered, "Do you think I could get him to carry me now?"

"You know he'd do that either way," Lex snickered. "But I think he'd be happy too."

"He really is boyfriend material, isn't he?" Minho waved his hand in exaggeration like he was fawning over Jisung like a lovestruck teenager.