Chapter 3:Agil

I quickly pulled kirito into my room and sat him down on the bed.

Even while I tried to get him to look at me,he kept cradling his head with his hands.

I took out a pitcher of ale and splashed it on his face.Kirito suddenly looked at me,as if he had broken out of a trance.

I quickly poured out another pitcher of ale and handed it to him.Kirito downed it as if he had something to forget,and finally looked me straight in the eyes.

I handled kirito the bottle."So,what went wrong, and who died?"

He trembled a little before grasping the bottle,and then grabbed it firmly.

Between sips of ale,he told me all about what had happened.About how they had gone to a dungeon while keita went to find them a house,how their thief had triggered a trap.

"The trap triggered an anti crystal area,and all the enemies were high level.I-I was the only one who made it out.Sachi and the rest,they..."kirito paused,as if he was reluctant to share more.

"Keita killed himself after hearing the news.All of this would have never happened if I didn't meet them in the first place.Then they would have stayed weak a-and they would have been safe!"

I rested my hand on kirito's shoulder to stop his rant."You can't hold yourself accountable for things way beyond your control.At least they died while fighting beside friends."

I walked over to my drawer and pulled out a journal,which I tossed to kirito.He caught it before shooting me a puzzled look.

"I think I've found a way to get us out of this living hell.A information broker said that she saw a black console after temporarily glitching into the wall.That journal describes how she did it."

I held out my hand to kirito."The black console might be an admin login point.I might be able to log us out of the game,and even bring back the dead players.But I can't do it alone.Will you help me?"

Kirito struck a pained smile,and took my hand,rising up."Yes."

"Then let's get started."
--
----
"Why are we even doing this?"kirito asked me,killing another slime.

"I told you,its for a rare drop!"I replied,driving my sword through another slime.

A satisfying ting filled the air as the slime I had just killed dropped the every item I needed.

I quickly picked it up of the ground,and appraised it.

"Yeah,this is it!The mud stained pendant of alchemy."

Kirito and I took a small break under a tree,as we ate stale bread and cream.

"I finally have everything I need.All we need to do now is sell my paper and ink to a npc trader for gold and get a witch's cauldron."

Kirito growled through a mouthful of bread and swallowed.

"I still don't get why you can't teach everyone this exploit.If you did,everyone would be able to afford powerful equipment."

I nodded my head at him and sighed."Kirito,SAO has an evolving economy.That means the more gold players spend,the more the prices of items rise up."

"If I teach everyone my exploit,then even cheap items like bread might end up costing trillions of coins."

Kirito snarled at my words,as if he was hurt by the uselessness of my discovery.

I laughed."Chin up man.My exploit is useful.Its a stepping stone to our escape."

I looked at kirito's dumbstruck face and got up."I just need to meet a good player merchant,and buy a cauldron.After that,I'm set.Do you know anyone good?"

Kirito smirked,a rare occurrence."Yeah,I might."
--
----
After selling my paper,I went with kirito to a small shop hiding in a narrow side street.

While it looked small,epic and legendary items adorned the walls.After waiting for a while,a dark-skinned,tall and well-built man walked out of the back and embraced kirito.

After the two friends had caught up,kirito pointed at me.

"Agil,this is my good friend Y/N.Y/N this is agil."

After we shook hands,we started to talk business.

Agil rubbed the back of his head."So you want a legendary cauldron,huh?If you've got the money,it shouldn't be to hard to get."

I slammed a pouch filled to the brim with gold coins onto the table for dramatic effect.I had always wanted to do that.

"Money isn't a problem.Just get it to me as quick as you can."

"I like your style,kid!"agil boomed.

"I'll get it for you in three days,on my honour as a axe wielder."

I nodded."One more thing.Could you meet us at the entrance to the dungeon with the cauldron?We could really use your help."

Agil seemed to ponder the question over before coming to a conclusion.

"For just the money you've given me,sure,I'll join you."

I took agil's hand to thank him,but he pulled me into a bear hug instead.
----------------------------xxx----------------------------
The fated day arrived sooner than I expected.

After greeting agil at the entrance and getting my cauldron from him,I turned toward both of them.

Kirito's hand moved to his sword,and agil tightened his grip on his axe.

Let's go,gentlemen.Salvation awaits us."

I moved toward the entrance of the dungeon,and both of them followed my lead.