Chapter 32 - Eric

"So, why did the head-case summon me here?" I ask, as I walk through a Starbucks parking lot, where Carlos and Mel and Ava are waiting leaned against Mel's Jeep.
"Why are you acting like that?"
"Oh my god, you slept with him didn't you?"
"What?" my entire face going red.
"He did not tell us," Mel says, trying not to laugh.
"It's a thing---we can tell. Wasn't that amazing? Also we're very happy for you; none of us liked Shelby," Ava says.
"That is so not fair-----anyway stop freaking out, it's fine we're happy for you," Carlos says, not entirely fine.
"Yeah, you needed some Dano therapy," Ava says.
"Can---we---never have this conversation again also can it end right now?" I ask feeling myself start to sweat. He was right. I do hate myself now. I also am still---yeah, I am still glad I did it.
"Sorry Eric, we are here for you though," Mel says, still amused, "I assume Dano sent you here too?"
"Yes what is he up to? I didn't know he could talk in heads?" I ask, upset. It was very upsetting. I was asleep when he did it.
Sorry not sorry.  I nearly fall down.
"He's done it with me quite a bit, I'm used to it," Mel caught me, "He has a plan he briefed Carlos."
"Because we're 'not allowed alone with him' because he's 'dangerous'," Ava says, pouting.
"Eric, you need to 'check Dano out' this afternoon to do one of his 'personal interaction' training things," Carlos says using lots of  unnecessary air quotes.
"Why me?" I don't like checking him out I don't necessarily trust him after that time he ran away from me and fell off a train and that other time he had sex with me.
"Because we aren't allowed to because he's banned from women," Mel sighs.
"Which is a crime against woman-kind why should they get to enjoy him?" Ava asks, pointing at me and Carlos.
"Hmm. Sucks to be you," Carlos, not at all sorry. I've joined the fucked the mutant club. I can't believe it.
Fucked the vegan mutant; I'll distritbute fucking pins please focus. This is a PSA
The other three laugh so I assume they got the PSA as well.
"Yep, we all heard that okay—we'll get 29. Then we will meet back here, so that the boys can talk, they need to outside of the walls of the facility since Dano can't talk to 29 remotely," Mel says.
"Why?" I ask.
"That's not given to you to know yet," Carlos says.
"Why am I doing this again?" I ask.
"Fucked the vegan mutant club, you'll get in trouble if anyone finds out," Ava says.
"He said he wouldn't tell," I say, suspiciously. He did. And he wouldn't. Would he?
"He wouldn't. But we will, you're doing this, check out Dano, meet us here—stop hyperventilating, I'll be here as well," Mel says.