Numero Dos Dias || .009

Start from the beginning

          "Valencia." Ava turned to look at Phoenix as he spoke. Her brows were furrowed as if she was confused about why he was talking to her. He was her partner for years, but at this moment she could hardly recognize him. He had been acting so out of character the last few months. He was jealous and possessive. He had driven her away from his fear of her leaving. Now she wasn't sure if she wanted to stay anymore, with him anyway. 

         "Yeah?" She tried to give him any benefit of the doubt, but after last night she held no interest in talking to him. She wasn't sure if it was the fight that they had or simply because of what happened between her and Andres. 

         "I'm sorry." He said with a sigh. His anger has been getting the best of him lately and it was hard for him to control it. Berlin had something that deep down Phoenix knew he would never have. Even he noticed the difference in Ava's eyes when she looked at him versus how she looked at Berlin. 

         "Yeah, I know. You're always sorry after you don't get what you want." Ava wasn't interested in hearing what he had to say. He frowned but she shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. She noticed Berlin's eyes on both of them, but she quickly looked back at Phoenix. "You should steer clear from any more fights. Your blood vessels in your eye are gone." She sighed, giving in to talking to him some. She was supposed to be with Denver today, guarding the hostages. Thankfully, Phoenix was going to be helping Moscow out with the tunnel. So, he would be out of sight for the whole day if he kept working like he was supposed to.

         "Can I talk to you?" Berlin asked as he stopped walking when he was directly behind Ava. His eyes roamed over her body quickly. Ava wasn't ready for this conversation, especially in the same room that others were in. She didn't want anyone to hear what happened before she was able to even process what happened in her head. She took a deep breath, preparing herself for the conversation. Ava turned to face him. She swallowed hard but her eyes stayed locked with his.

        "I'll talk to you later," Phoenix said, forcing himself to stay calm when he saw Berlin and heard his voice. He took a deep breath, reaching a handout momentarily to touch Ava's arm before he left the room in a hurry to catch up with Moscow.

          "About what?" Ava asked as shook her head, almost wishing that he would get the hint that she wasn't ready to talk about it. Of course, he understood immediately that she wasn't up for talking about it, but that didn't stop him from wanting to talk about it.

          "You're wearing my shirt." His eyes wandered down to the white t-shirt that Ava was wearing. He was telling her what he wanted to talk about without actually saying it. Ava's cheeks were lit on fire and her eyes flickered around the room. The only other members of the group that was there were Tokyo and Denver. They seemed both busy with the hostages right now to even notice what the two of them were talking about.

           "You want it back?" Ava's brow cocked up in a bit of a teasing way, trying her best to force herself to be calm. She didn't remember being this anxious around him in a long time. The only other time he was able to make her stomach turn in such ways was right before the first time they ever had sex.

            "I definitely don't." Berlin's eyes stayed on her, watching for any sign that she didn't want him in the same way. He cared about her genuinely, but he wasn't always the best at showing it when it came to her. "It looks better off of you, though." His eyes went straight down to her lips, and she noticed it easily. She couldn't help the smirk on her lips.

            "Berlin," She started but he cut her off.

            "Shhhh." Berlin brought a finger up to Ava's lips quickly and she practically sunk at the feeling of this. "Don't tell me you don't want this." A few hostages were now staring at them, taking notice of their complicated relationship because Valencia and Phoenix made it clear that they were in a relationship when they first got there.