We walked out of the bathroom sharing worried glances and Elena was about to say something until we were rudely interrupted by Stefan walking into the both of us.

"Hello, Elena" Stefan smirks before turning his head towards me, "Oh and hello, Sydney", he smirks even bigger. I scoff rolling my eyes and Stefan shakes his head in amusement.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asks, her voice shaky

"What do you mean? I'm going back to school. Go timberwolves!"

"What? Why?" she questions again

"Klaus wants me to keep an eye on you and Sydney. I'm just doing what I'm told"

"I'm going to be late for class" Elena mumbles and then tries to walk off before Stefan grabs her arm, hard.

"Oh, uh, class is this way", he smirks again. I grab onto Stefan's arm and release his grip from Elena. I pull him close to my face and narrow my eyes.

"Don't touch her... ripper" I whisper in his ear. I can almost hear him growl but he plays in off with a laugh.

"You are a feisty one, Sydney. Maybe that's why Klaus takes such a liking to you, huh?"

I release my grip on his arm and glared at him before he turned back towards Elena.

"Do you both really think I wanna be a senior for the hundredth time? No. But if I don't have a choice in the matter, neither do you", Stefan chuckles taking a step closer to Elena. My blood was boiling at this point.

"What do you think you're doing, Stefan?" Alaric firmly said making direct eye contact with him. Stefan put his hands up in surrender and took a step back smiling. All of a sudden, Stefan grabbed Ric's throat and pushed him against the lockers causing a loud bang. All of the students watched as they were walking to their classes and Stefan kept fucking laughing.

"Stefan stop it" Elena begged

"You're not going to wanna get in my way, okay, Ric?" Stefan said gritting his teeth. He released Alaric from his grip and took a couple of steps back. "I will see you both in History"

Stefan left and Ric put his hand on both our shoulders, "Let's talk in my room". We walked to Ric's classroom and he shut the door behind us. Ric leaned on his desk rubbing his temples and Elena and I leaned on the student's desks. "What the hell is he doing here?"

"Klaus compelled him to watch me and I guess Syd as well. I'm one of Klaus' assets now that my blood is the only way to create a hybrid"

"So now he's a bodyguard?" Ric scoffed

"I don't know what he is, but he's definitely not Stefan," Elena said not only trying to convince us but herself as well.

"Ok," Ric said thinking still, "But what does he want with you" he finally said making eye contact

"Uh, I-I don't know" I stuttered. Fuck that was so obvious. Ric and Elena both stared at me with confusion in their eyes.

"Damon mentioned that something was off between you and Klaus" Ric challenged

"And even Stefan mentioned that he like, likes you" Elena added. I swallowed a hard lump in my throat, my eyes glued to the floor as I waited for one of them to speak again. Ric put his hand on my shoulder and I broke contact with the floor, now making eye contact with him.

"Syd, is there something you should tell us?" I swallowed hard again.

"No"

"Are you su-"