16

Elena's POV:

It's been two days since Sydney's back. She's terrifyingly miserable.  Which makes no sense since Klaus finally let her come back to Mystic Falls. When she first got back it looked like she was crying but she denied it. Then I asked her what the fuck happened as any person would and she said, exactly, "It was a confusing and tiring trip, Elena. I don't have the energy for this right now".  Like really? Not even an explanation, where Stefan is, or if she's okay. She's my sister and I was worried sick for weeks.

But Klaus let her come back. Wouldn't she be happy to be rid of him? 

----------

"Sydney!" I sang ripping open the blinds in her room. "Good morning, baby. It's time to get up"

"No", she groaned. "Get the fuck out of my room"

"Come on Syd, it's been two days", I exclaimed sitting on the edge of her bed. She looked up at me with a softer expression. I smiled, "Are you finally ready to tell me what's wrong with you?"

Her eyes widen slightly as she uncomfortably shifted under the covers "Ehm, nothing's wrong Elena. I'm fine." 

"Bullshit. I'm your twin Sydney, I've known you since the first day you were born. Tell me what's wr-", I tried convincing her, but to my surprise, she got out of bed ignoring me and walked to the bathroom. 

Well, that's progress I guess. 

"I'm out of bed now. Get out", I rolled my eyes and started to leave. 

"Breakfasts ready when you are!", I quickly added before she slammed the door in my face. 

A couple of minutes went by and Syd finally came downstairs. I had a plate of her favourite breakfast, Nutella crepes sitting on the counter with orange juice. It's her fav so I thought I would try. 

"Hey", I started. "I tried making you Nutella crepes. Hopefully their almost as good as moms." I finished with a desperate smile. Her annoyed expression dropped. She put her phone in her back pocket and took a deep breath.

"Sorry, I've been... um... distance recently. It's nothing really, I promise. Just... uh... worried about... Stefan", she tried convincing. "You know, I didn't get to... ehm... tell him I was... um... leaving. Klaus sort of just said like peace out for me, you know?"

Her fingers start twitching and she can't make eye contact with me. I know she's lying but I'm not gonna push. 

"Okay", was all I could think of. "I'm meeting Bonnie at the grill right now... Caroline wanted me to tell you to meet her at her house. If you can, obviously"

"Yeah sure", she choked out. I started leaving but she stopped me one final time. "Hey, Elena?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for the crepes. I'm sure they're great and I'm sure their mom-approved", she smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. I walked back to her and wrapped her in my arms. 

"I'm so happy your back. I missed you so much, Syd you have no idea", I said honestly. She giggled in return. 

"I missed you to Lena.", she responded embracing the hug. But something was off. I need to figure out what it is. 

"I'll see you later", I said waving goodbye. She waved back. 

Maybe Bonnie will have an idea of what's wrong. 

Sydney's POV:

I sighed getting into my car on the way to Caroline's. That little skit I put on with Elena... death. That's the only word I can think of to describe it. I've NEVER been that tongue-tied in my life. Fucking Klaus.