19

Damon's POV

I woke up to the sound of rock music and shattering glass every five seconds. I furiously stomped out of my room and down the stairs to the living room. The girls left at around 4:30 am last night and made me drive them home. I was happy to do it knowing that Sydney was feeling better now. Anything to make that girl happy.

"Damon!" Stefan shrieked, "Hungry? Were playing twister"

I examined the sight before me with complete disgust. Stefan is sitting on the couch with around 5 women, probably more dancing around him with bite marks and blood all over their bodies. There are broken pictures and furniture everywhere, along with blood-stained curtains and rugs.

"Really Stefan? You and your playthings owe me new rugs and furniture" I said rolled my eyes.

"It's my house too, Damon. Also, don't be such a downer. I thought you were supposed to be the big, bad, fun brother?", Stefan smirked and I glared at him.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?", I challenged

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be for Elena and Sydney", Stefan smirked again, licking the blood off his fingers. And Sydney? A knock on the door interrupted this painful conversation, so I happily walked over to the door revealing an annoying blonde.

"Where's Stefan?" the anonymous blonde chirped. She seemed upset.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked but was ignored in return.

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here" she whined, talking towards Stefan.

"I'm sorry, your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care"

"Your Klaus' sister?" I interrupted

"Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure" she smirked, turning her head to face me and then back to my brother, "Which one's my room?"

"You're not staying here" Stefan chuckled.

"Rude. Both of you. I'll see to it myself", Rebekah smirked and then walked upstairs.

"Well I guess she's staying here", Stefan fake frowned chuckling to himself.

I shook my head annoyed and slammed the front door as I left.

___________

Syd's POV

Our first class of senior year was officially over. Elena and I walked out of our first-period classroom and towards her locker. She was on the phone with Damon and I eavesdropped, laughing to myself when I heard Damon say that Elena shouldn't come over for a while. I obviously knew why.

"Is that Sydney eavesdropping", Damon asked over the phone

"It sure is!", I yelled just loud enough for Damon to hear

"Let me talk to her"

Elena handed me the phone and I winked at her as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Yes?" I questioned with a smile that he could feel through the phone

"How are you? Better I hope"

"Awww is Damon worried about me. He's so soft" I teased

"I'm assuming so" he responded with an annoyed tone and I laughed into the phone

"I'm... assuming that Stefan is not in his best state right now, is he?

"Nope. There were about 7 girls in my living room. Some dead on the stairs and some playing twister with Stefan", Damon scoffed. I knew Damon hated seeing his brother like this because he doesn't know how to help him.