10

Stefan's POV

I sat on the ground with blood staining my shirt and disbelief on my face. I drank all this human blood, all my cravings are hitched again and I'm high on fucking human blood again. I did this, all of this for my brother and now Klaus totally changed the entire deal, after he made me drink all the blood. It's not fair. And-and Sydney, I can't make her do this. I mean it's not really my choice but if Damon finds out that I got Sydney caught up in all this he'll kill me. Literally. 

"Don't make me repeat myself, Stefan", Klaus says as he examines the bitter expression on my face. 

"K-klaus she's just a girl, a human. She doesn't need to be... involved in this bullshit", I trembled, worried for her life. I looked over at her and am surprised to see a somewhat calm vibe radiating off of her. She doesn't look scared. She looks irritated and pissed but still calm. She looked over at me with no expression on her face and then back at Klaus. 

"If I go, will you promise not kill Stefan or Damon?", She boldly asked Klaus. I've always admired Sydney for her bravery and boldness. 

Klaus chuckled, "Fine. I will not harm your precious Salvatore brothers... But you have to come with, it's not up for debate"

"Can I just ask why? I'm a human what do you need me for?" Klaus paused. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. "Hmm. Are you really that obsessed with me?"

Right as Sydney said this he vampire sped to her only inches away from her body. He bent down to her ear and whispered something I barely could hear.

"Speak with that attitude again, and I'll make you and your big mouth regret it. Do you understand me?" She smirked. 

"Ok!", she chirped sarcastically. She bit her lip to hold in her laugh and walked away. She's really not scared of him is she. 

Klaus breathed in annoyance and walked back over to me. He bent down and looked straight in my eyes. 

"Go pack a bag, then take Sydney to her house to pack one" 

With that I quickly wobbled up and grabbed Sydney's arm fighting the blood cravings as I touched her skin. We quickly rushed down the stairs and into my car. 

"I told you you should have gone home"

"Whether I was home or not, he still would of have made me apart of the deal, Stefan. It's not your fault please don't think that." She said as she squeezed my hand. I know she understands how hard this for me, the blood, and I feel comfortable around her, even when I have my cravings. Maybe it's a good thing that she's coming with me on this weird journey thing. Or maybe not. Ya, probably not. "We are gonna get through this okay? Whatever it is Klaus wants you to do, he's not going to kill you or Damon and hopefully not me. But I have you there to protect me, right?" 

I looked at her with a slight gleam of hope in my eyes, "I will always protect you" 

We stopped at my house and I quickly got out of the car and ran to the front steps. Sydney made it clear in the car that we shouldn't tell anyone that were leaving, especially Damon, until we actually leave. I agree with her. Damon will be stubborn and violent and use his feelings for Sydney to get in the way of Klaus. I think everyone knows that wouldn't go well. Before I enter the house I listen in to hear if anyone's there. I hear Elena and Damon in Damon's room. Damon's okay. Thank god.  I vamp speed as quietly as I can to my room and throw a bunch of clothes, toiletries, and a phone charger in a bag and then speed downstairs and throw a couple extra blood bags in so I can curve the cravings. I vamp speed out the door and into the car causing Sydney to jump a little. Luckily no one heard me. She takes a deep breath and then looks at me.