NEW. 50. Mrs. Winters

Start from the beginning

I reach up to press a soft kiss to his lips before falling on my feet again, grinning.

"Like hell," I say smugly "You were going crazy."

Luke breathes out a laugh and wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling my close to his side as we start walking.

"How could I not be?" He presses a kiss to my temple "You're amazing."

I look up, smiling like an idiot "I know I am."

With a contented sigh, I lean back in his warmth and realize where we are walking to; the library.

"You know," I murmur "This doesn't mean I've forgotten about what I said."

Luke lets out a dramatic sigh "I know."

"I'm still going to come clean to Ethan."

"I know," Luke grumbles "Honestly, you didn't even string him along. This is just unnecessary."

"Whatever it is," I nudge him "I need to do it."

"That doesn't mean I have to like it."
"Why do you hate him so much?" I sigh as I finally ask "He's always been nice to me, except for that one time."

Luke's jaw clenched at the mention of 'that one time'.

"Because he isn't nice," He says, his gaze hardened "I wonder if you know, but its well known that his pack is the one of the cruelest, most manipulative ones. All courtesy to its new Alpha. The fact that he's good to you doesn't sit well with me."

I furrow my brows. That sounds really far fetched, given what I've seen of Ethan. But I trust Luke to know more about packs than I currently do.

"I'll be careful," I promise

"Fine," he says in defeat. Then he's silent for a moment; thinking "Maybe you should do that before the mark is removed."

I raise an eyebrow, he continues "I want him to know you're out of his league for good."

I roll my eyes. Alpha males, they're always going to be beyond me. Then again, I suppose, I wouldn't like it if some girl was fawning over Luke. And for some biological reasons I don't get, males have a harder time with this sort of thing.

"Thank you, o mate of mine," I say to him dramatically "for letting me do things that I'd do even without needing your permission."

"Its more of a suggestion," Luke turns his face to me "But your utmost welcome, my love."

I laugh and shake my head as he smiles, then Luke turns the side of his face towards me, leaning down. When I only blink, he turns to face me.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow at the expectant look

Luke cocks his head to a side "Just a verbal thank you?"

Another laugh escapes me and I move out from his arm, walking ahead to open the library door "You're unbelievable."

"What?" He walks in after me "Not even a kiss on the cheek?"

I shake my head, not bothering to turn to him as I walk to a shelf "Stop being greedy, Luke."

His arms wrap around me from behind "I only get you for what? One life time? That's a short time already."