"If you don't mind me asking ma, it doesn't look like you too like her much", Meera says.

"Its not like I don't like her, its more of we don't see eye to eye on most things and she dint approve of our relationship at first, so there is this always this slight conflict. But she adores Abhi and I guess her feelings about Adi are neutral", Nandini elaborates.

They arrive at the mall and Alia first enters into a Prada showroom. 

"Alia, can we come here later?", Nandini asks her

"Come on ma, it will only take us 15 mins", she says.

Alia starts browsing and selects a few dresses and asks Nandini's opinion for it.

"Ma, which one is better", she asks holding up two dresses. Just when she is about to reply, someone calls her names from behind.

"Nandini? Is that you?", a lady of the same age as Nandini asks her. It take a minute for her to recognize that person.

"Poonam?", Nandini asks her and the lady nods. They both embrace each other. 

"Its been so long, kaha chali gayi thi?"

"We shifted to Delhi. We came to Mumbai a few months ago", Poonam explains. " This is my son, Arnav", she says gesturing towards the man near her. He was fairly handsome and about Abhi's age. They greet each other.

Nandini calls Meera and Alia and introduces them. "There are my daughters, Meera and Alia and she is Poonam my childhood friend".

"We are actually in a hurry now, but hum baad mein pakka milenge", Poonam tells Nandini and they exchange numbers. During this entire conversation, Meera feels Arnav's gaze on her, but she brushes  it away.

They spend the next few hours going through various shops.  Finally they go to a designer boutique to get their dresses. 

While Meera is trying a dress on, her phone starts to ring. It's Abhi's call, Alia picks it up and decided to have some fun.

"Hello, Meera, when are you coming home? "

"Bhai, I don't know where Meera is ", Alia replies nonchalantly.

"What do you by you don't know where she is and why do you have her phone?", Abhi asks worriedly. 

"I don't know where she has gone and she left her phone here, that's why I have it", Alia says simply. "Ok, I have to go now, bye", she says and disconnects the phone. She puts the phone on silent , well aware that Abhi is definitely freaking out now. 

Meera comes and sits on the couch, while Alia tries on a few clothes. She randomly picks her phone up to see it flooding with calls and messages from Abhi. She calls him back and he immediately picks up,

"Are you fine where are you?", Abhi practically yells through the phone.

"Geez, Calm down. What happened?"

"You are asking ME what happened? Where were you all this time? Why weren't you picking your phone up?"

"My phone was on silent"

"Alia said that you-"

"Wait a minute. Alia was probably pulling your leg, don't fret to much. I have to go. Bye ", Meera says and disconnects the call. 

"Alia, what did you tell Abhi?" Meera asks narrowing her eyes at her. 

"I might have implied that we lost you and your phone and other things are with me", Alia says sheepishly and Meera just rolls her eyes.

"Are we done with everything?", Meera asks.

"Yes, lets go home", Nandini says.

The trio head towards the car and Meera drops them home. By the time she reaches home its around 9pm. 

She enters to find an extremely worried looking Abhi. The moment he hears her enter he rushes to her. 

"Stop worrying, I was right there, Alia was playing a prank on you", Meera says before Abhi can say anything. 

"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact about that how worried I was", he says seriously.

"Yeah, I got that from 17 missed calls and like 20 messages in under 15mins", Meera says sarcastically.

He looks at her face and says," Are you feeling fine, your face is a little pale."

"I'm just tired and sleepy", Meera replies. Abhi puts a hand around her waist and scoops her up lifting her bridal style. "Abhi, put me down"

"I thought you were tired, so let me carry you", he says and starts walking up the steps. She puts her arms around his neck and snuggles into his chest.

"Meera did you eat?", he asks her but doesn't get a reply. He looks down to find her already asleep. He gently lays her on the bed and removes her shoes and earing, covering her with a blanket." Good night", he whispers softly kissing her forehead and switches the lights off.

***********************************************

How did you like this chapter. I personally can sense some drama coming. 

Pls keep commenting and voting. 

xoxo

Sakshi