Chapter 23

(One month later)

(Vonessa Hayes POV)

I can say that I'm slowly coming out of the denial I was in. I couldn't believe what happen, The next day I see Chris on the news. Christiano did kill him for sure especially since Von tell me that he inform him about what happen the same night.

“Hey you,” I hear Mrs.Carter said.  I look to see her sitting beside me on the bed. I lightly smile at her.
“How are you?”

“I'm doing fine now,” I replied. I don't need the pity.

“Okay I'm here if you want to talk,” She told me.

“Okay, is everything over now?” I ask.
“I want to go home.”

“Soon,” She replied. I nod my head, she hug me and rub my back.
“You'll be okay.”

I nod my head at her. Then she get up and exit the room, I sigh as I stand up. CJ is with his dad, we're still not talking to each other and right now I don't care what the outcome will be. I've already showered, now I'm dress in a nude color sleeve dress with slit at both sides.

I exit the room and walk towards downstairs. I've been keeping to myself enjoying my own company for a bit, while crying about what happen. Chris is evil for spiking that liquor, but I think he was drinking too. He definitely pretends like he is. I rub my stomach as I walk while thinking.

“Princess,” I hear my dad said. I snap out of my thinking.
“I've been calling you like three times.”

“Sorry daddy I was just thinking,” I replied. He walk towards me as I reach the stairs top.
“What's wrong?”

“Nothing was about to come check on you in your room,” He replied.
“How you feeling now?”

“I'll be okay,” I replied. He stop beside me and hug me.

“I'm here if you need to talk,” He said.
“We're leaving out now to go on a mission, I just wanted you to know I love you and I'm here for you.”

“Yeah daddy,” I told him.

“And that Chris guy better be lucky Christiano kill him first,” He said.

I nod my head at him. He kiss my forehead and walk off, I walk down the stairs towards the living room.

“Sis,” Sia said as I enter the living room and see her sitting on the sofa.

“Hey you,” I said to her as I walk towards her.

“You okay?” She ask.

“I'll be fine,” I replied.

I sit beside her on the sofa. It was us alone sitting in the living room, most of the guards were getting ready to leave with my dad.

“I see my nephew with his daddy in the room,” She told me.
“He sleeps there?”

“No Christiano come for him,” I replied.

“He come to your room?” She ask with a smile on her face.
“Woooo y'all talking.”

“Girl take that smile off your face,” I replied.
“He just come for his son.”

“Wooooooooo,” She said.

“Sis,” I said as I laugh. She's too much.
“Get whatever your thinking out of your head.”

“Okay okay,” She told me as she laugh too.

“Your son needs you,” Danny said as he walk towards. He and Clide is still here, but they're mostly with dad sometimes.
“He's crying.”

I nod at him and he walk off. I roll my eyes as I look at Sia, like his dad couldn't carry him back to me.