pressure - NR

Mama!Nat x reader
warnings: smoking, alcohol , mentions of drugs, etc
word count: 1.4k

Y/N POV
Some people say that being a teenager is the best time of your life, but I honestly disagree. There's so much pressure all the time, from school, friends and family. My school barely cares about the students' mental health, it's all just about what looks good for the school. And there's so many judgy people at school, we can't be ourselves anymore. I don't talk to anyone outside my friend group. I just don't care. But don't even get me started on the pressure at home. To start with, my mom is one of the most famous people to exist. Yeah, she's an avenger. One of the OG6 to be specific. Natasha Freaking Romanoff.

I love living with the avengers and I feel so lucky that she's my mom, but sometimes I wonder what having a normal life is like. I've never been able to go out without someone asking me about the avengers. Everyone always wants me to let them meet Tony or Thor, but I just tell them to fuck off and leave me alone. Usually my mom tells me off, but I've got to the point of not caring.

All this pressure has made me mix with the wrong group of people. Or at least that's what my mom says. But what does she know.

*present day*
Having a small friendship group is the best. We can tell each other anything without the fear of being judged or have rumours spread. My mom hates my friends, but if it wasn't for them I don't think I'd be here right now.

There's 5 of us left. Jace, Alia, Rex, Connor and me. They're all seniors whereas I'm a sophomore, but we don't really look at ages. Jace and Alia are twins, and they're the best. Rex is like 6"7 and he gets us out of trouble. And then Connor is my ex. My mom made us break up because he is a bad influence. She doesn't know I still speak to them.

We were all sat on the helicopter landing pad on the roof of the compound. No one really came up here anymore since the Quinjets were made, so we were pretty hidden. It was about 2am in November, and we were all freezing, but Connor had brought us each a bottle of vodka and there were random cans of beer and cider laying around. We were all laughing and joking around, sharing sips from the various bottles.

Jace produced a packet of cigarettes from his pocket, flipping the lid of the box and plucking one out. Ali threw him her lighter, and he lit the end, instantly taking a drag. We had all got drunk together before, but I'd never smoked. I was unsure of what to do, but I just ignored it and focused on my almost empty bottle of vodka. I'm half Russian, so I handle my alcohol pretty well. I was brought out of my thoughts by Rex's annoying laugh.

"Omg yeah but did you see her face! She looked like you'd just killed her puppy or something!" Rex was in the middle of telling us about some dickish thing he'd done today, but I missed the first half so I was a bit confused. The cigarette was now hanging from Alia's lips, with Jace having had his fill. White puffs of smoke fell from her mouth and the air had a sickly smokey taste to it. I started to shiver as a cold gust of wind blew over us. Connor's arm snaked around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

"Jeez Y/N, you're freezing!" Connor exclaimed as he felt my arms.

"Yeah well it is the middle of November and we don't exactly have coats" I said, leaning into Connor more as I felt myself slightly warm up.

"Have some of this Y/N. It will warm you up, trust me." Alia stretched her arm out to me, the cigarette hanging loosely in between her fingers.

"I'm alright thanks. I'll stick to the vodka." I knew I shouldn't take it, that's a line i didn't want to cross. I didn't want my mom finding out. She maybe my mom, but she is scary when she wants to be.

"Oh come on Y/N! It's literally one little cigarette. It's not going to hurt you!"

"I don't want it ok! Guys please just leave me alone!" I normally felt included in our group, but I could feel them all turn against me.

"Y/N you're such a baby. I thought you wanted to do this!" Connor had joined in with Jace and Alia, pressuring me into using that stupid cigarette! I didn't know how to tell them no and I just wanted to get out of there.

"Y/N OMG just take the damn cigarette or you'll have to take this then! You choose." Rex reached into his back pocket and brought out a small bag filled with white powder. My eyes widened and I scrambled to get away. But Connor's arm had me me stuck to the floor, I couldn't get away. Jace, Alia and Rex all came forward, holding the bag and cigarette. I turned my head away, trying to avoid them but Connor's hand jerked my head back to the front. His hand squeezed my cheeks, opening my mouth, giving me no choice but to take the cigarette. Before they placed it in my mouth, I screamed as loud as I could. I knew people would hear from downstairs, and that I would probably get in trouble from mom, but all I wanted was to get out of there.

I screamed again before I felt Connor's hand connect with my cheek.

"Shut up bitch before someone hears!"

He seemed to have jinxed himself as we all heard footsteps running up the steps to the roof.

"Y/N? IS THAT YOU?" I heard my mom yelling my name and I used Connor's shock to escape his grasp, running into my mom at the top of the stairs.

"MAMA! MAMA HELP PLEASE!" I didn't care that I was in trouble, I just wanted to be safe in her arms.

"Baby? What's goi- GET OFF MY ROOF NOW CONNOR! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO SHOW YOUR FACE AGAIN! AND THE REST OF YOU BETTER LEAVE BEFORE I CALL YOUR PARENTS AND HAVE YOU ARRESTED!" Mom went all Black Widow mode on them and they all ran down the stairs and out of the gates. I knew I'd probably never see them again but I didn't care right now.

I could feel the alcohol taking affect, my brain feeling fuzzy and my limbs like jelly. I collapsed in my mom's arms as tears started streaming down my face. She slowly sat down and pulled me onto her lap, holding my head against her shoulder and and stroking my back.

"Hey baby what happened?" She tilted my head towards her and her eyes widened as she saw the hand print on my cheek. "Did he do this to you?"

I slowly nodded my head.

"I'm so sorry mama. I know you told me to stay away but they were the only people who actually listened to me. I just got pressured and I didn't know what to do. They started forcing me to do stuff I didn't want to do so I just shouted for someone to hear. I'm really sorry mama"

"It's ok baby. I'm glad you called out. But what did they want you to do? If you want to tell me?"

"They had cigarettes and drugs and they wanted me to take them but I didn't want to. I said no but they kept asking me. Connor held my face and wouldn't let me go. And- and he slapped me when I tried to turn away."

"Right I'm going to sort this out in the morning. Thank you for telling me. I thought you knew better than hanging out with them though Y/N?" Nat used her mom voice and I hung my head in shame. I knew she was disappointed in me.

"I know I messed up mom. I'm not going to be hanging out with them anymore. I promise"

"I know. Come on, let's get you inside. It's freezing out here."

We both stood up and made our way back inside. She maybe scary and an assassin, but she's my mom. I love her and she knows what's right for me. Even when I hate it.

A/N
lil angsty/fluffy one for ya!

love youuu
-T xoxo