Rain - NR

word count: 962
warnings: none

~~~~

Fall was your favourite season. It was officially sweater weather, and you loved that you could layer up with scarves and thick sweaters. You and Nat frequently went for walks in Central Park, kicking the leaves on the ground, creating a brown-red-orange wonderland. Nat seemed to always smell like cinnamon, which made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

But this weather wasn't the typical 'chilly but blue skies' fall day that most people loved. It was one of those days that seemed like it was night time all day long. The sky was dark grey and it threatened to rain. To most people, this was enough warning to stay inside and keep warm. Stark had turned heating on in the tower, and the fireplace in the living room was roaring nicely, emitting a warm amber glow to the surrounding furniture.

But this was your favourite kind of weather.

The compound was fairly quiet, until the sudden downpour started. The raindrops ricocheted off the glass windows that covered most of Avengers Tower, creating a monstrous noise. No one seemed to mind - after all, you were all used to it by now.

As soon as you heard the rain start, you raced outside and started spinning around, arms outstretched and laughing out loud. You didn't care that people could see you. You were happy and that's all that mattered.

You turned your face up towards the sky, ignoring the sting as the tiny droplets hit your skin. You felt at peace, calm and relaxed. You lay down, still facing the sky, with your eyes closed, just focusing on the moment. You felt more alive than you have ever felt before.

You didn't realise that Nat was watching you from the door. She didn't go out in the rain herself, but she loved to watch you act so carefree and child-like. She always felt best when you were happy.

The rain didn't let off, only growing stronger and heavier as time went on. You had been outside for 30 mins and were all and truly soaked through.

"Hey Y/N, you're gonna get ill if you dont come inside!" Nat called from the safety of the compound.

"I DONT CARE" you shouted back in a sing song voice.

"I've ordered us pumpkin spiced lattes!"

That was enough to make you leap up and sprint back to the doors. Nat was waiting for you with a towel, warm from the fire. She met you with a huge hug, wrapping the towel around your shoulders, trying to bring some heat back into your body.

"Go and get dried off and I'll bring the lattes up"

You didn't need to be told twice. You raced up the stairs and stripped off your wet clothes, discarding them in the bath so you didn't get anything else wet.

You quickly hopped in the shower, instantly warming your frozen limbs. Not even bothering to fully dry off, you threw on a pair of short and an oversized t-shirt, pulling fluffy socks onto your feet. You raced over to your windowsill and pulled yourself up onto the blanket covered seat, eyes completely transfixed on the rain drops racing down the panes of glass. You traced them with your finger and watched how they gathered speed as the got further to the bottom.

You loved watching the rain on the windows. You always thought about how they reminded you of life. We all start off on our own, but we meet people along the way who become part of us and help us to be better and stronger. There are some parts where we slow down, and need the help of those around us to get back on track, and ultimately win the race of life.

You were fully transfixed, watching the rain, that you didn't head Nat come in.

Nat stood at the door way with the pumpkin spiced lattes in her hand, as well as a plate of home made chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of Wanda. She watching your fingers trace patterns on the glass, never once loosing your focus. Your toned legs, still wet from your shower, shone in the warm candle light. Your sharp collar bones fully on show as your t-shirt dipped over one shoulder. Brown hair framed your face perfectly, with 2 small strands falling in front, catching on your lashes as your eyes darted about. You looked so peaceful and so innocent, with not a care in the world. Nat took in the image in front of her, not quite believing that you were hers. "How did i get so lucky" she thought.

"Hey my little pluviophile, I've got our drinks. And Wanda baked those cookies you love"

You slowly turned your head to look at Nat, grinning as you saw her hands full with autumnal treats.

"You're the best Raindrop!" you squealed as you ran over, taking a sip of your latte.

"Raindrop? Why am I a raindrop?" Nat furrowed her brow at your comment, and chuckled at your actions.

"Because I love you like I love the rain, and you help me grow stronger. We are between together, just like the raindrops on the window" you explained, looking straight into Nats green eyes, which danced in the candle light.

"You're adorable, you know that right?"

"Yep I do" you smiled as you pulled Nat in for a kiss, tasting the sweet cinnamon and pumpkin spiced on her lips. Fall was by far the best time of year.

~~~~

A/N: This was my favourite one to write so far!!! I love it. Also, if you don't know, a pluviophile is someone who loves the rain.