"Why are you trying get up? "

"I really want to take a shower", Abhi replies.

"You can barely stand up, how did think that you'll actually make it to the bathroom", Meera says glaring at him. 

"Okay, then help me", he says. She nods and helps him walk towards the washroom. Abhi looks at his reflection and says,

"I need to shave".

"Sit here, I'll do it", Meera gestures towards a chair. She applies the cream oh his jaw and cheek. She takes the razor and gently drags it along his jaw.

"Ouch", Abhi yelps and Meera immediately withdraws her hand

"Ouch", Abhi yelps and Meera immediately withdraws her hand. He just looks at his reaction and laughs.

"I actually thought I hurt you", she exclaims and slaps his arm playfully.

"Don't hit the already injured", Abhi says and she ignores him and focuses on her work. 

"Ok, done", Meera says wiping his face with a wet towel. Abhi doesn't move, looking lost in thought. "Abhi, where are you lost?"

He holds her hands and entwins their fingers. "I was just wondering, how did I get so lucky", he says.

"In what?"

"You. How can someone be so perfect?"

"Me? I'm anything but perfect- "

"You're perfect for me", he says stroking her cheek. 

"Well then we are perfect for each other", Meera says pecking his cheek.

"Obviously, you do have an extremely handsome husba-", Abhi says but Meera cuts him off.

"There it is. I was wondering if you had hit your head too hard but nope, the ego is still three"

"You love me anyways", he says grinning.

"That I do", she agrees winking and walking out of the washroom.

"Where are you going?", Abhi calls out.

"I thought you wanted to take a shower", she shouts back. He doesn't reply but instead proceeds to carefully take a shower.

15 mins later Abhi comes out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around his waist. Meera's mouth goes dry for a minute looking at the water dripping down his bare chest. Her eyes then fall on the wound on the side of his ribs. 

Abhi notices her stare and says, "Does it bother you?"

"Yes, does is still hurt a lot?", she asks looking concerned.

"Wait, so it bothers you because you think that it hurts me and not because it might leave an ugly scar", Abhi asks her and she looks at him like he has grown two heads.

"Why would I think such a thing?", Meera says helping him sit down. Abhi was a little surprised. Every girl he had ever met was so focused on his money and appearances but Meera dint care about either of those things. 

He felt overwhelmed with emotions. Abhi dint have words to describe how much he loved her. He pulled her and she landed on his lap. He immediately captured her lips with his, hoping to show her how he felt. Meera reciprocated the kiss carefully placing her hand on his shoulders for balance.  

They broke apart breathing heavily. Meera's face was flushed. She clears her throat and says, "You should get dresses now".

"Really, I like the position we are in", Abhi smirks. Meera shifts in his lap and he groans. Well he dug his own grave. 

"Where's Reyansh?", Abhi tries changing the topic.

"He's sleeping-", just as Meera says this he starts crying from the other room," or not".

Meera gets up and brings Reyansh into their room. Reyansh gets excited on seeing Abhi after so long. He crawls over to him happily. Abhi gently lifts him up with one arm and kisses his forehead.

"I missed you my little man", he says. Reyansh touches one of Abhi's cuts and he winces. 

"Reyansh, come here. See dada is hurt so lets not trouble him", Meera says holding her hands out and he crawls back to her. 

"Did he miss me at all. It dint even take him a second to leave me and come to you. You know there was a time when he only like me ", Abhi grumbles. 

"This was my plan all along. Who's interested in you, my main aim was to get Rey to like me ", Meera jokes while hugging Reyansh who smiles cheekily at her. 

And just like that they spend the whole day with each other.

********

Meera and Abhi are currently getting ready for bed. Abhi pulls Meera towards him. 

"Abhi, what is I hurt you in my sleep?"

"For the last time, you can never hurt me . At least not physically. Now come here". They both snuggle into each other and fall asleep.

.

.

"Don't go", Meera whimpers continuously.

"Meera , wake up, it's just a nightmare", Abhi shakes her awake. She gets up with a jerk and wraps her arms around Abhi.

"You're fine, you're here", she mumbles against his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine, it was just a nightmare", Abhi consoles her. They like this for a few more minutes waiting for Meera to completely calm down. 

"Do you want to talk about it?", Abhi asks her." You don't have to tell me now, its fine or we can talk in the morning too". He waits for a minute, then Meera says,

"This is not the first time I'm getting nightmares", she starts slowly. Abhi holds her hand and patiently waits for her to go on. 

"Back in London, I had a boyfriend. We were dating for a really long time. His name was Nate. So remember the time when I told you how my mom died?"

FLASH BACK:

We rushed her to the hospital . The doctors immediately took her to the OT. We were all waiting outside when I came across Nate's sister. "Hey Meera, are you here for Nate?".

"No, my mom had a heart attack. What happened to Nate?"

"I'm sorry but Nate and Cameron were in a car crash and are in a pretty serious condition. They were admitted an hour ago"

******

"Neither of them made it that day. I haven't had these nightmares in a few months but I guess-"

"My accident probably triggered them", Abhi finishes for her and she nods." I'm sorry you had to go through that ", Abhi says kissing the side of her head.

"I love you", Meera says

"I love you so much more than you can imagine", Abhi says and Meera hugs him tightly seeking comfort in his warm embrace.

***********************************************************

Hey guyss. How was this chapter?? Do let me know in the comments section.

xoxo

Sakshi