Chapter 1

'Mom stop please' I begged her. I couldn't take another hit.

'No it's your fault I'm drunk, you don't take enough care of me. It's your fault your bastard father cheated on me and caused us a divorce.' She said as she propped herself  on the couch.

All I could taste on my lips was blood, and salty tears. My face was leaking with it.

'AHHHHHHHHH' I screamed. I woke up drenched in my own sweat. I had another nightmare. My door busted open with my friend running. My friends were the only ones who knew what happened to me.

I saw Quinton and Emma run in. 'FUCK' Quinton shouted. 'Are you okay?' Emma asked.

They both started rambling.

'Stop. I'm sorry I had another nightmare.' I said.

'You don't ever have to be sorry for what that fucking witch did. Want to talk about it?' Quinton asked, his voice getting softer towards the end of his sentence. Emma sat next to me on the bed rubbing soothing circles on my back. 'Well my mom was hitting me again. This was a few months before I ran away. She was telling me how it's my fault my father cheated on her and how they divorced. Blaming stuff on me and calling him a bastard and shit' I said, swallowing the sob that was about to break out.

'Malia this cruel world doesn't deserve you. Do you want us to stay with you tonight?' Emma asked while side-hugging me. 'I don't think I'll be able to sleep, you guys should go back to your room-' Quinton cut me off. 'Nonsense. We'll stay, you can let it out sweetcheeks. Remember you're my heart and I'm your infinity.' he said. I giggled at that nickname. God I love them. I felt tears running down my face. I gripped his shirt in my hands and started sobbing in his shirt.

'Sorry I'm making your shirt dirty.' I said.

'We love you' Emma said as she turned the light on. Her blonde hair slipping out of her ponytail. She had tears in her brown eyes.

'Please don't cry because of me' I said my words were muffled because of his shirt. I looked up and saw his sapphire blue eyes staring down at my grey eyes. He kissed my forehead.

'We'll always cry together. We go through every pain together, get that fact sweetcheeks.' he said. My brown hair slipped through its bun as Emma jumped on my bed. 'Hey, why don't we play monopoly' she said. I love how she always makes everything better by being her bubbly self. She tugged on Quinton's black hair. 'Quinnyyyyyyyy listen to me' she said.

'I told you to call me Quinn' he said. 'So yes or no. Plus I only call you that when you ignore me so stop being an ass.' she said. He just rolled his eyes and went up to get the monopoly. While he was searching for the board game through our apartment. 'Hey want to go to a club tomorrow? I heard this really hot friend of Darren's is coming. He's some apparent director or producer I don't know.' Emma said.

'Em, Darren has a terrible taste in men. Absolutely horrific. I would never trust him.' I said. Yes our friend Darren is a bartender he's also gay. He's the most charming guy you'll ever meet though. Whatever guy steals his heart is one lucky person. I actually had a crush on him before I met him, his cute little brown hair and brown eyes but that was before I found out. Darren was scared of telling anyone he was gay. Where he came from it wasn't allowed. He almost tried to kill himself. His family didn't care if he was gay they just cared about their reputation. One his parents found out he was taking drugs. That's when he told them. I'm glad his parents aren't that terrible. They learned from their mistakes and accepted him with welcome arms in the end.

'Heyyy be nice. Darren does have a great taste in men. He called me hot and I am so.' Quinn said, walking into the room with the monopoly. I'm not going to lie and say Quinn isn't hot, he is and Emma is cute along with Darren. I love my friends.

'She wants to go to the club tomorrow. Apparently there is some really hot guy that Darren knows that is coming' I said. I saw Quinton avert his eyes to the floor clenching his jaw while setting the monopoly in the bed. 'Do you want to go?' he asked me. 'Yeah sure. I mean tomorrow is a Friday.' I said.

We played the whole night.

I woke up rubbing my eyes. My head was in Emma's lap and Quinn's head was in my lap. I played with his hair a little.

'You know staring at someone while they're sleeping is a bit creepy' Quinn mumbled in his morning voice. I blushed at his words and got up but he grabbed my wrist making me turn. 'Good morning' he said, smiling. I smiled back but my face soon morphed into horror as I stared at the clock. 'What happened, are you okay?' Emma asked, rubbing her eyes indicating she just woke up.

'THE TIME. IT'S FUCKING 10 AM. WE'RE LATE FOR WORK' I screamed. They mumbled shit and ran into their bathrooms. Thank god this apartment had three bathrooms that way we can go whenever we want. Emma was a reporter and Quinton was publishing a book. They came with me to Starbucks. 'Can you please make us coffee?' they asked. 'Definitely and I'll make it for myself too.' I made them coffee before they left, hugging Emma goodbye and kissing Quinn on the head and hugging him while he hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

'Aww you guys are such a cute couple,' an elderly lady said as she left. I was going to yell we're not a couple but I was dragged to the cashier. 'You're lucky I'm a nice fucking boss, bitch. You're late. Work.' my boss Ava said. She was a really great boss though. I got a message on my phone and saw a text from Quinton.

  'Shit don't you have to see Carson today'

'Oh fuck can you pick me up it's at six I completely forgot'

'Definitely Sweetcheeks. Have a good day at work. <3'

'You too Quinny. <3'

Oh right did I forget to mention that my friends told me to get a therapist. So yes only my friends and Carson aka my therapist know. Carson is like a real mom to me. She really helped and still does. I love her.

A/N: Vote, Comment, Follow, and Share. Ps. What do you think so far? Have a good day loves! <3