040

"Jas, can you try to not kill James today please?"

"Ce, I can't promise a thing."

Celeste let out a sigh as she shovelled cereal into her mouth.

"Why do you want to train with him anyway? You know how to use your throwing knives."

"He offered! I wanna learn some new skills. You and Steve are doing training all day so I may as well keep myself busy."

Steve had been at the bar since 7am pulling together last minute changes for the opening. Celeste was meeting him there at 9am to go over the training, the last time she was there was the day that she got threatened, Steve had been popping in now and then to make sure everything was ready whilst she worked on some things from home. Her belly was full of butterflies and she couldn't figure out if they were good or bad.

"Right I'll see you tonight babe, have fun today and please be careful." Jas gave her a half smile as she knew she was worried.

"Please don't stab my boyfriend!" She yelled as Jas left the apartment, leaving Celeste to be drawn back into her own world.

Jas hailed down a cab and made her way to the complex. She had her knives wrapped up in a velvet, roll out bag tucked under her arm. She rested her head against the window watching the city as it passed. When she arrived she climbed out the cab and pushed the big silver door open, making her way to the desk. Peter was on the phone, he smiled as he saw Jas approaching and ended his call. Standing up he rounded the desk and greeted her.

"Miss Ivy, James said he was expecting you. How are you?" He motioned for her to follow him to the lift.

"I'm good thank you, how are you? This place looks a lot different to what it did the other night!"

"Yeah I suppose when you're being carried out over the shoulder the world does look different upside down" Peter sniggered. Jas laughed remembering Steve carrying her out of the place, they entered the lift and Peter hit the 3rd floor button. Jas started to feel a bit anxious, she'd never spent time with James alone and she was fully aware of the tension between them about Celeste's safety. She gulped as the doors opened and they started to walk down past all the glass rooms, as she gazed in the sessions were in full swing. She stopped to watch an all female class as Peter continued to walk, he stopped when he realised she wasn't next to him, backtracking he stood beside her.

"This is our female only self defence class, that there is Natasha. She's one of the trainers." Peter folded his arms watching Natasha "she scares me." He mumbled.

Jas popped an eyebrow at him "scares or do you just have a crush?"

Peter turned his head quickly to Jas, shocked she'd rumbled him in a second. He blinked at her, stuttering his words "no! I do not! Look at her she could snap me in half!" He gestured towards her "come on let's go" he walked off as Jas smirked at him.

Peter opened the door to a smaller secluded room at the end of the corridor, James was sat on the floor with his knives out in front of him. He looked up to see Jas smiling at him walking over.

"Hey Jas, glad you came." He pulled her in for a hug. Peter stood there still blushing from Jas' accusation "can I get you anything James?"

"No thanks Peter we're all good"

"There's a medic on standby right?" Jas looked to Peter. He opened his mouth not knowing what to say, he was just as intimidated by Jas as he was Natasha.

"Um, yes..."

"She's joking Peter" James glanced at Jas quickly whose expression was stone cold. He swallowed a lump in this throat "but if you do hear me yell for help, please come."