Chapter 6

Blake's pov (tw There is mentions of rape and abuse in this chapter)

Cole told me that he would take me on another date today and he is doing exactly that, it's 10 am he has just took me for breakfast in this really nice cafe,I got french toast it was really nice.

We are now in a really pretty park that has a massive pond that we are taking a walk around.

It is really peaceful,he's holding my hands and I just feel safe with him,I've never had a relationship before or ever gone on a date,again it was because of my family,so I don't know what to do really like should I kiss him this earlier on,when do we date like girlfriend boyfriend type of thing.

"Are you ok" he questioned me letting go of my hand and putting his arm around my waist "Yeah I'm good" I said "what's going on in that pretty little head of yours" he rephrase his question.

"Just life" I wanted to add more but I didn't want to embarrass myself "Alright" he said placing a kiss on top of my head.

A big thought that has been on my mind is his parents,it seems as if they aren't there and I know it isn't my place but I really want to know as it is a part of him.

Suddenly my phone started to ring It is Xavier,I look up to Cole he just nods his head with a smile like he is reassuring me he will be quite.

I would ignore it but if I don't ring back in the next 5 minutes after he called he will send a search party after me.

"Hello" I said "tell me why all my My chocolate has disappeared" he said back.

Xavier has a tendency to skip the hi and Hello part of a conversation and just say what he wants "I have no clue where your chocolate is Xavier" I do know where his chocolate is it's in my belly, "don't bullshit me" Xavier said "get over it ok,there is another pack in the Cupboard eat that"

I end the phone and look straight to Cole, he is trying to hold a laugh in I slap his chest and he laughs "Blake do you know where there chocolate is" he said "Erm" I also started laughing with him.

Our laughter slowly settles down,and we carry on our walk, "Cole you can tell me if I'm over stepping or you don't want to speak about it but you never speak about your parent and I just want to know why" I spoke to him he let out a sigh, I was about to speak and tell him never mind but he spoke up.

"Let's sit down" he guides me to a bench and we both take a seat.

"well my sperm donor aka father used to beat my mum I was really young ,he left when I was 5 then came back I didn't know until I grew up that he raped my mum and that's how Ellie came,he then manipulated her telling her he loved her so they got back together" tears started to form in my eyes.

"Then he was in and out all the time still abusing mum under my blind eye,she hid it really well you would of never guessed" I could see he was trying to hold it together and now I felt bad for asking.

"Then he left when I was about 10,mum started to become a wreck her mental state started to slip a bit but she still held it together for me,but when I was about 14 that's when I really started to look after Ellie,mum used to have nightmares all the time and she would often forget about Ellie"

"And when I was 18 I was at work at the gym Ellie was there as well, and mum was ok, she tends to have episodes that go on for months that made her unstable but she was ok but he came back raped her again and beat her black and blue" now tears had started to form in his eyes.

"She became silent after that and really mentally unstable she refused to go to a mental hospital but we made a promise that she would when harper was born"

"Fast forward to harper being born I put her in the mental hospital against her will, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but she had near enough forgot about Ellie and harper and she was dangerous to herself and other I just couldn't trust her around the girls"

"She would always be gentle with me very loving but with nothing and nobody else, anyway she was in the mental hospital for 2 nearly 3 years until they decided to basically give her a flat that a physiologist/nurse would live with her it would be on a rotation"

"I visited her once and she was really just a different person, I don't see her anymore and it breaks my heart all the time that I know she doesn't have anybody and that I can't see her but she doesn't realises which I think gives me a bit of peace but it isn't fair for me to be able to see my mum but for Ellie and harper not to because mum treats them like there not even there"

"And I know it isn't her fault and I have never ever blamed her and I won't but it's really hard playing a parent when I have never really had one"

"Dad was an abuser mum is the result of a abusive relationship"

By the end of it I was in tears and a few tears where falling down Cole's face, he turned his head to me and pulled me into a hug "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry" he said I pull myself out of the hug and put his face in my hand "do not apologise Cole,I am so proud of you,you have been through so much"

And at that moment right there I knew that he hadn't heard the words that somebody was proud of him in a long time,maybe ever "really" he whispered "Yeah really Cole you are so strong" he pulled me back into a hug and put his face in my neck.

We just sat on that bench and hugged.

——————————————————-
Authors note

If you have ever experienced abuse or are experiencing it please know you are not alone and my dms are always open❤️