Chapter 5

Cole's pov

This week me and Blake have been texting back and forward, the other day we went on a walk it was really nice.

I'm planning on telling the girls about Blake today,there opinions mean a lot to me and if they don't like her then she will have to go they are like my children and I will Always put them first even if it means my unhappiness.

"Cole can you paint my finger nails please" Ellie asked popping her Head in the door with harper right behind her, "Yeah come on" Ellie sits down in front of me and harper lies her body across my lap.

I grab the bottle out of Ellie's hand and start painting her finger nails "so what would you think if I liked a woman" I asked both of them peeping my head up to look at Ellie.

"Cole you don't need to ask permission or whatever you are doing" Ellie says "Yeah I know that but I want to know what your think about it"

"As long as she is nice to you I don't mind Cole,you have been through so much on your own as I was to little to realise,you have took care of me since I was a child and the same with harper,if she makes you happy then good" Ellie said to me.

I didn't rely back to her Im trying to process what she said "so what is her name" she asked, "Blake Marino" I said "hmm" Ellie said "Marino like the Marino" she questioned "yeah the Marino" I said imitating her.

I look down in my lap to see harper fast asleep,god that kid loves to sleep, "well" Ellie said "there done" I said looking at her nails that I had done perfectly.

"Are you going to go to that thing for harper" Ellie asked me "the one where I go in school" her school sent me a letter the other day Inviting all the parents/guardians to come into the school in like 2 weeks and watch them speak about something they want in life,along with that sit down with them and colour,kind of just an afternoon of being with harper at her school.

"Yeah I'm going to go,well hopefully because if I have a job on I can't" I said,I really can't be missing out on money,I have worked since I was 14 and didn't spend any of it unless it was on Ellie,I worked at a boxing club at first just cleaning up but now I teach lessons and on top of that I do my actual job.

So I'm not really struggling but I want them to have everything I didn't,harper goes gymnastics and swimming,Ellie used to do swimming and dance but she stoped to focus on school about 6 months ago and it's expensive especially when harper is getting badges every other week.

So I just like to make sure I have extra money so that's why I like to work a bit more so I won't be struggling when it comes to paying for things.

"Have you asked her about what she wants to speak about yet" Ellie asked,harper is a very educated young girl and I have no doubt in my mind that it will be to do with today's society and how it is wrong.

For a 4 year old she is very clever,I have taught both Ellie and harper about woman's rights,the lgbtq+ community,how people get discriminated against for the colour of their skin and more obviously harper doesn't know all of the nasty side of it because she's 4 but she knows enough.

My phone rang,I look Ellie straight in the face as if telling her not to because I just know she is going to try and grab it,but with harper on my lap I don't get up fast enough.

She grabbed my phone and I see in the corner of my eye that it is Blake ringing me, shit, I put harper down on the couch and run after my sister.

I can already see she is on the phone to her "Ellie give it me back" I said seriously I doubt Blake wants to speak to her,she rolls her eyes and gives me the phone "I am so sorry about that" Blake laughs on the end of the phone, "it's fine I was just wanted to speak to you but I love your sister already" she laughed.

Ellie stuck out her tongue "what are you up to" I asked Blake "I'm just curing my hair"
"Send me a pic" I said to her.

She sends me a picture of her hair and I save it to my camera roll, "you look beautiful darlin" I spoke to Blake, "daddyyyy" harper Shouts,I guess today is one of those days for her "one minute harper" I shout back "right Blake I'm going,I will see you Tomorrow, we're going on a date" I end the phone and run down the stairs to see harper with her hands out motioning for me to pick her up.

I pick her up in my arm and she cuddles into my side.

Harper i would say is the least effected by the lack of parental figures in her life and I'm glad she wasn't there for any of the times I went through.

Ellie clings to me a lot more than a average 16 year old would do to their older brother, the doctor says it's because I am the only parental figure in her life and she associates me with comfort and safety and that she will always want to check I still love her and things like that because she is scared of losing me.

And me well I'm just a mess,but I'm glad the girls at least have me and not what I had.

————————————————
Authors note

How did we feel about this chapter?❤️