Chapter 29

🦄 Taylor 🦄

-

my head hurts, my body hurts, i feel pained up, i feel like i'm dying, like i'm stuck in ice.

i felt a thumb on my bottom lip and a hand caressing my cheek.

i recognized the touch and opened my eyes.

my eyes were met with valentina's own and i brought my hand that wasn't hurting up to her hand that was on my cheek.

i gave her a small smile.

"hey." i croaked out.

my voice was coarse as h-e-l-l.

val didn't answer me as she stared down at me.

"val."

"hmm?" she hummed after some time.

"how are you?"

"i should be asking you that."

"well you aren't so i'm asking you instead."

val gave me a look and i stuck my tongue out at her and tried sitting up, but she quicky shook her head, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"its best if you lay down."

i nodded with my lips parted.

"can you fill me in on what happened? i-i dont remember?" i asked, looking at her with hopeful eyes.

val squinted one of her eyes shut and said, "i dont know what happened fully, but we were on the phone and you were telling me goodnight when u spoke to your father-"

she tend to explain what she knows and everything starts coming back to me slowly.

my mind was filled with images of his face, of memories of him doing bad stuff to me, of mom leaving, of everything.

🥀 Valentina 🥀

while i explained what i know/heard to tay, she looked away in distant. she would nod hear and there but then that was it.

i held her hand that wasn't hurting and played with her fingers.

there was no need to say anything. the silence wasn't awkward and it wasn't filled with tension.

"hungry?" i suddenly asked her taylor shook her head a 'no' but her stomach growled in denial.

i chuckled and asked her what she wanted to eat and she told me mcdonalds. telling her that i'll be back soon, i left her room and went to get her food.

-

writer's block. help?