Chapter-10: Phantom Returns

Babel: Exact Location and Time Unknown

After yet another three hour ride through the Demonic warpgate, the mercenaries emerged over the red planet. They hadn't been there long when fuel-rods struck the Great Fox.

"Come out McCloud."

"Phantom. I'll deal with him."

Fox left the bridge and hopped into his Arwing. He soon found the heavily modified Banshee flown by the assassin known only as Phantom. They greeted each other with lasers and plasma. Fox managed to disable the big fuel-rod cannon mounted on Phantom's Banshee though there was still the standard one. The Elite in red and purple armour responded by firing a burst of plasma into the Arwing.

The two pilots pulled off all manner of manoeuvres in their dogfight. In one case, Fox pulled a double loop like he had when he first met Hugo. Phantom countered with a loop of his own. Fox hit the brakes and flew up to intercept the assassin. But at the peak of his loop, Phantom barrel-rolled and absorbed the lasers. Fox didn't let up and managed to take out one of the Banshee's engines. But Phantom wasn't through with him just yet. A small canister dropped out of the bottom of the ship.

"That's a shockwave bomb. Unless, you've got a bigger ship, I'd say you're as good as dead."

With that remark, they both sped away. Phantom went about as fast as a normal Banshee while Fox rushed back to the ship. He managed to land before the bomb went off. Luckily, the Great Fox's shields held up against the shockwaves.

Normally illegal in most of the galaxy, these bombs can destroy Frigates and any smaller type of ship.

Fox sent his current Arwing in for repairs and had a fresh one lowered down off the hanger wall. Just as the ship was on the floor, the power went out.

"I'M WAITING FOR YOU MORTAL."