CHAPTER 62 - HARRY'S LAST FIGHT

Start from the beginning

"It's not that we don't want you there," she gave him soft eyes, "Truly, please come along."

"I want you two to have alone time. You're a couple, that's how it works."

"We need friends, too, Harry."

"But you two should go out together.. Just please help me with this and I'll head back to the castle early. I wanted to nap anyway, I didn't sleep well last night."

It worked. As Hermione burrowed herself piles of books, Harry snuck out and met Ron at the jewelry shop.

When he entered, a woman gasped and ran to him, a wave of perfume strong enough to make Harry sneeze flooding them. Additionally, she grabbed a younger daughter by her arm and dragged her to him.

"Mr. Potter, can you please give her your autograph?"

"Er..." Harry blinked. Even the kid looked stiff and awkward. "No. Sorry. I-I... I don't do autographs."

Her face scrunched to one of a sneer as she put her hand on her hips. "Well, what kind of hero are you? You're ruining my child's dreams. How—"

The door opened and Draco, of all people, walked in. Her face turned pale, and she grabbed her daughter's arm and standing in front of her protectively. "Mr. Potter, that's a Death Eater. That's Draco Malfoy."

"Yeah," he looked at him. Draco was peeking over his shoulder through the window, his eyes wide and searching quickly. He wore a frown and worried eyebrows.

"Mr. Potter, you have to do something," the mother cried.

"Why?"

"He's a Death Eater!"

"He's not bothering anyone," Harry said plainly.

"But—"

"You're bothering me. You can go."

The woman gasped and sneered at him again, grabbing her daughter by the arm and rushing out. Additionally, at the sight of Draco, the rest of the customers left as well, leaving Draco, Ron, and Harry to be the only ones in the shop.

"Mate, are you okay," Ron asked with a look of concern. "We can go if it's overwhelming for you."'

"Thanks, but I'm okay." Though he wasn't sure if he was. Seeing Draco always made his stomach drop, and not in a good way nowadays. 

The clerk huffed as he greeted Draco. He'd taken off his customer service voice as he jarred, "How can I help you?"

Draco's voice was rushed but shy. "I need a ring. Size six."

The clerk held a look of annoyance. "Which one would you like?"

"Doesn't matter," Draco didn't even look at the case, "Just a size six."

Suddenly, the man looked greedy and instead smiled - though it wasn't one of sincerity. "Okay."

He opened one of the glass boxes and grabbed the most expensive, most shimmering ring he could find. Harry could see the diamond from the other side of the shop. "That will be nineteen thousand and nine hundred galleons."

Anger filled Harry. Just because he's an ex-Death Eater, huh?

But Draco didn't seem to mind. Instead, he looked over his shoulder, and out the window. Harry looked, too. There was a group of guys all staring in the shop, watching Draco with hungry and excited sneers.

"Charge it to the Malfoy account," Draco turned back to the clerk, who was at the register. After several moments, the clerk came back with a look of anger. "The magical transfer was declined. The Malfoy accounts are frozen."