CHAPTER 49 - REAWAKENED LOVE

This chapter is literally pure smut, and it's extremely long, so if you need to tap out, please do.

I want to note this chapter is all y'all's fault! Ask for seven hours, receive seven hours.

———————————————

When they woke up, the goodness and safety stayed in their bodies overnight, resulting in a deep sleep that had them wake up refreshed and feeling good—which was oddly difficult to get used to. They were just so acclimated to waking up filled with misery. This was a stark contrast of calmness and relaxation to what they once had, one that was incomprehensible and beautiful.

They shared shy smiles in the beads of daylight, doing their best not to make it a big deal.

To play it cool.

They shared a good morning kiss that had more weight than normal.

"Breakfast," Harry asked, completely ignoring what had happened. Frankly, he was too nervous to bring it up. What do you even say to that? He'd never thought he'd have something like last night, and it was amazing.

"Y-Yeah. Yeah, sounds good. I'll shower." Draco felt the same. Nervous. Kind of guilty given they'd just fought a war—and that they hadn't really talked about it.

But it just kind of... happened.

However, as Draco washed himself, as he imagined hundreds of graphic scenarios, Draco wondered: why weren't they making it a big deal? Why play it off cool?

Draco and Harry were never 'cool.' Draco was a jealous attention hog and Harry was a misfit. They went through literal years of hardship. They were alive and together and in love despite their ragged history.

Why was Draco dancing on glass? Why ask to take it slow and not love him as hard as he could in the time they had?

They'd been dating since they were fourteen.

And they'd earned their freedom.

Why was something like guilt keeping them apart when they should be in love with each other freely and openly without restriction?

Draco went down the stairs with a newfound confidence, one he planned on keeping, so long as his guilt didn't sneak in his head.

The room smelled of chocolate and blueberries. Harry was monitoring pancakes on a pan over a low flame.

"Mmm," Draco walked up behind him and kissed his shoulder. He pressed his hips to Harry's arse, and Harry licked his lips as he flipped one of them over. "Looks great."

Harry reached back and kissed him, blushing. "Thanks."

Then Draco took a seat, and Harry brought him a stack.

They ate in comfortable silence, and Draco purposefully sucked on his fork longer than one normally would. Harry took notice twice, looking at him but not saying anything.

"These were delicious. Thank you."

Harry finished his last bite, and Draco kissed his cheek, putting his hand on Harry's thigh and squeezing it.

Harry gave a surprised grin and bumped shoulders with him.

He then stood and grabbed the dishes.

"I can do it," Draco said.

"If we do it together, then it'll go faster," Harry said. And distract me. Because, according to Harry, they were still taking things slow and last night was a step too far.