PROLOGUE

In the distance, a sea of black emerged from the Forbidden Forest, and all Draco could feel was hate.

Draco integrated with all of the other students, staff, Order, and Aurors outside in the courtyard. A white dust clouded the air. Through it, he saw Pansy and Blaise who held hands together. They met Draco's eyes, and Draco nodded at them. Pansy had tears in hers as she mouthed, I'm so sorry.

And then, he realized that only a few meters to the right of them was the exact place where they executed The Plan to Seduce Potter. The echoes of the memory played in his head.

"Get over him."

"I want to. But... He's just so..." Draco exhaled, "I mean, his hair looks so soft. Have you seen him play Quidditch? It's like art! And his glasses. They just fit his face. He's really cute."

The space was now buried under shrapnel and piles of rock stained with blood. It was someone's dying-place.

"Who is that," Ginny asked. "Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?"

"Harry Potter is dead!"

Draco never thought he'd hear the words. It was his biggest fear. It was what he prayed would never happen every single night since the Third Task.

"NO!" Gasps and screams came from the crowd, and Draco would have. But he numbed himself. He had to. All he could do was look at Nagini.

He refused to look at Hagrid, he refused to look at the bundle in his arms. He refuses to believe that was Harry's body, but just a stranger's. He refused to believe that Harry Potter's heart didn't beat anymore.

This was just a dream. You're dreaming.

You have to kill him.

"Silence!" The Dark Lord marched in front of them. "Harry Potter is dead! From this day forth, you'll put your faith in me."

Fuck you. Never.

Then the Dark Lord turned around, bathing of the glory of such a tragedy. He threw his arms up, like it was a circus, like it was a show.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"