°.•✮☽Epilogue☾✮•.°

A/N

Happy Day of the Departed! Quite fitting, isn't it? Maybe because it was planned.

Hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it <3

Thanks for sticking around!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

They were right on their decision. The city, their final destination, hadn't been as bad of an idea as the others (well, mostly Kai) had made it out to be.

It was yet another one of those nights; the ones where their small apartment turned into a cozy home, and the ones where being lazy and watching movies all day wasn't that bad of an idea.

Yet, all their curtains were closed as they sat in the living room, each one tucked in their own corner on the sofa, yet still sharing the same, blue blanket.

After speaking with her brother for the fourth time on the phone that day, she pulled out a pen at last (her lucky one, in fact), writing down in her diary. "A perfect way to settle down and let out your feelings," Zane told her, offering it to her as a gift of sorts.

Slowly, she scooted closer to him, letting her head rest on his shoulder.

When a long tail wrapped around her, she gasped, chuckling at herself afterward. It was "that time of the month", as she liked to tease him.

And despite thinking that having scales for skin would have been an inconvenience for her, it didn't get long to get used to.

She began to write.

"It's been two months since I moved in here now, meaning it's the middle of winter. Kai was right about the expensive heating in the city, but at least we have Edna's blankets to share.

"Lloyd's coming to visit tomorrow (although I think he's starting to get a little too comfortable staying here for the weekend), but hey, at least he's got a friend here. Harumi, her name was? Whatever, it's good to give Misako and Wu some off time occasionally... But now I'm starting to think I may need it too :')."

"Not that I've had much lately either. I obviously don't have a degree yet, so getting into BorgCorp was a no-no (even if Jay told me I probably knew more than most people there), but Skylor gave me a job about a month ago. I guess this has been a test for me too, since one spilled drink could show the entire restaurant that the one serving sushi is a sushi herself. But hey, at least Sky lets me stash blood packets for later."

"Speaking of Sky, she's still figuring things out with my brother. Either he moves to the city or she goes to Stiix. And knowing my brother, he won't tell her no on the former option (more of a chance to go on double dates, I guess...)."

She leaned deeper, placing her legs over his as she continued to write, moving to sit on his lap.

"As for Jay, he's been doing fine. The others back at Stiix bonded with him quite quickly judging from the gaming nights they have like every other day. Kai likes him too (I think).

"He told me that Scott (a guy he works with, apparently) stopped covering up his shifts for him after we 'went missing'. I guess that meant their friendship was over, but Jay built him a motorbike (don't even ask me how he managed to do it so quickly) and everything is well again. He did convince him to talk to his boss though, which got him the sweet deal of working from home while he's 'transformed' (though he obviously didn't tell them that last part). Scott obviously had some inner connections to get the boss to agree with them, not like I'm interested enough to ask.

"We're probably not moving anytime soon, but we did consider a nice vacation when we have the money (so never, according to Kai). Shintaro would be a good place to start, I think."

She looked up at her now boyfriend, noticing his gaze darted elsewhere.

His previously slit pupils had now grown into two, big circles, following the movements of her pen silently like a cat hunting a mouse.

When she noticed the end of his tail swinging back and forth, she smirked.

Slowly, she raised her pen, moving it back and forth in front of his eyes, watching him observe its movements curiously.

With one swift movement, she tossed it behind the couch, to which he responded by throwing her off his lap and jumping to chase it.

She didn't know whether to be offended or laugh; so she did both.

She peeked over the couch, shaking her head at the sight of him holding it up with a prideful smile.

When he realised what he had done, he backed away, slowly coming to stand properly on his feet.

She smiled awkwardly, crouching down to peck his cheek. "Animal senses?"

He blushed. "Animal senses."

Even the scariest of monsters could be softies; but in her case, her favourite one was a dork too.