CHAPTER 8 : Outcome Of The Disaster Part 0.5 - Amelia Watson

"Ms. Watson, would you like some coffee? I'll be stopping by at the main café.", Jhon asked as he was about to leave.

"Sure, I'll have some classic.", I replied.

"Okayy!", he said and left the office.

1 month has passed since I solved and finished the Reaper's Case. I told the Chief and Jhon about how I solved everything, but only Jhon knows about my ability of stopping time. Since he's the only person who's able to understand most of the properties of my powers...
And even if I did tell the Chief about my powers and just accept and understand it the way Jhon did, he'd still inform it to the Government. Making it even more dangerous for me...

"Guess I'll take my lunch now..", I said as I closed a file.

I stood up and grabbed my lunch from my bag and put it on my table. I don't necessarily cook for myself, but since I was in a good mood from waking up today. I decided to make extra for lunch.
After putting my lunch box on my table, I scanned my surroundings first.

I was only pretending that I'm about to take my lunch, so that I can continue on what I'm really investigating..

I looked back and walked towards the door that Jhon left open, I checked the hallways and it seems like everyone did go outside for lunch..

"Good.", I muttered to myself as I closed the door and locked it.

"I only have 30 minutes or 45 minutes to continue on this one.", I said as I walked towards a certain whiteboard with a cover.

I flipped up the cover to unravel everything that's behind it. It's been a month since the Reaper Case ended, and it's also been a month since I started to investigate about him even deeper.

On the whiteboard that I just uncovered, had lots of pictures, texts and markings on it.
It's because I'm investigating on Jack again. But this time, I'm digging even deeper to his mystery. Like for example, 'What are Reapers?', 'Does the Underworld really exist?', 'Is there anything beyond human beings?' and lastly, 'What are these mythical beings?'.
Those are my thoughts and what's being pinned and written on the whiteboard..

"If nothing strange happens today, then I'll start doing something strange by tomorrow I guess..", I said.

By strange, I meant it as like discovering new places around the world and meeting new creatures. In that way, I'll be one step closer to learning the truth about everything..

I was in the middle of my thoughts then suddenly someone knocked at my door. And it wasn't just a normal knock, it was a knock with a mass of strength involved.

"WATSON?! MS.WATSON??! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!!", someone with a familiar voice shouted from behind the door.

"Jhon..?", I said.

"YES, IT'S ME MS.WATSON! PLEASE OPEN IT UP, HURRY!!"

I rushed towards the door because I could feel the panic from Jhon's voice. And after opening the door, I could see Jhon panting. It looked like he was just running...

"What's wrong Jhon?", I asked.

"Ms. Watson, we have to evacuate now!", he said in panic.

"Wh-What for..?"

"THERE'S A BIG TSUNAMI THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT THE CITY!"

From the words and panic that I can hear and feel from him, I could tell that he's not lying..

So I rushed with Jhon towards to the very rooftop of this department. Everyone was there and were looking towards the direction of where the ocean is.
I got in through the crowd and saw..... The biggest Tsunami that I've seen in my entire life...