CHAPTER 5 : Jhon's Way - Jhon Benedict

It's been 3 weeks after we interrogated all of Marco Kyler's family members and close friends, but we weren't able to find anything helpful for the case.

It's currently 8:39 AM, and I'm all alone in the office. Ms. Watson usually comes in earlier than me, but I'm guessing she overslept today too huh..

I decided to look over everything on the Reaper Case again before piecing all of it together.
And the same thoughts are still floating in my mind like..

'Why is Ms. Watson being targeted by Jack the Ripper?', 'What's his goal for killing a person who doesn't have Amelia as the first name?' and 'Why did Chief gave this case to Ms. Watson at a later date than sooner?'

Many questions, yet no answers..

"I guess I'm really not cut out for being a detective..", I muttered to myself as I looked up while sitting.

All of a sudden the door suddenly opened, I thought it was Ms. Watson but it was just Chief Joseph.

"Have you seen Ms. Watson around?", he asked.

"I haven't seen her yet Chief..", I replied.

"That's strange... She usually comes really early but she's been coming in really late for the past few days..", he said.

"Isn't it just because she's tired after everything that happened?", I asked.

"I doubt that.."

It is true that Ms. Watson has never been late, and she's also coming in really late these past few days. Well, I'm still new here so I can't really tell if she's been late or not. But if the Chief said that she's never been late, then maybe this is something new..

"Since she's still not here, what did you want from her Chief? You can tell me.", I said.

"Well.. It's.. Kind of confidential and I only want Ms. Watson to know about this..."

Eh? Am I not that trustworthy..?

Wait.. It's just the two of us now.. Maybe I can get an answer from one of my questions, and that being, 'Why did Chief Joseph gave this case to Ms. Watson at a later date than sooner?'
This is it, this is my chance! I just have to ask it...

"Chief Joseph..", I said.

"Hm? What is it Mr. Benedict?"

"I have a question.. Um.. Why did you—"

As I was about to ask it, a familiar voice suddenly spoke out from outside the office.

"E-Eh? Chief, what's the matter?"

The person entered, and that person is none other than.. Ms. Watson herself.

"Oh! Ms. Watson, you're finally here!", the Chief rejoiced knowing Ms. Watson has finally arrived.

"E-Eh..? Wh-What's the matter..?", she asked.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you about something but since it's confidential I want you to come to my office.", the Chief said.

Ms. Watson went silent for a bit and she's looking down.. I know it's weird but I've been a fan of Ms. Watson for a long time now, but... This is the first time.. I've seen her look down.. Not to mention she was just stuttering earlier as she spoke..

"I-I can come later Chief, I just have to get something done here..", she said.

"That's good! Okay then I'll see you later!", the Chief said as he held the door and about to go outside but..

"Oh yeah, Mr. Benedict, what were you about to ask?", he asked.

"N-Nothing.. Have a good day Chief."