CHAPTER 5.3 - Jhon Benedict

"I guess it's time to head out.."

I stood up and went outside my house to start my search for my Mysterious Senior, Amelia Watson. She's been working her body to its limit these past few days, and I don't know what I can do to help her.
The Chief just recently told me about her secrets as well, and after noticing that she's also acting really strange lately makes me wonder if she's really trying to hide something.

It's currently 11:24 PM and it's past curfew, the police would try to arrest me but since I'm a detective myself, I'm not going to get arrested.

"Now where to start looking for her.."

I took out my map from my pocket to see the layout of the entire city, even though this city is really big there are still some hints of where Amelia Watson might be..

"Knowing and spying her before really helps out huh. Guess I'll start here.."

I've been spying Amelia Watson before I even became her assistant and junior. It was back when I was looking at paintings at my City's main Museum, then all of a sudden there was a beggar who suddenly stole an artifact which wasn't covered by a glass. It was an artifact that can be touched by tourists but obviously it's not allowed to be taken off from where it's placed.
Amelia Watson was around at that time but I didn't really know the reason why she was there at the museum, all I knew and witnessed is that even after the beggar stole the artifact and hid somewhere, Amelia Watson was able to track and find the beggar in 5 minutes. She still hasn't told me how she did though..

Even if I admired her so much even now, after knowing that she has secrets, and after knowing that I got insulted by a 19 year old.. Really hurts my pride as an elder.
But.. I still respect her.

"I guess she's not here.."

After checking the Café on where we started our first meeting, it doesn't seem like she's here..

"Next up is.."

*CLANKS*

"Eh..?"

I heard clanking noises from the right side of the Café. If this was a horror film I would most likely run away immediately, but since it's for Amelia's sake.. I decided to check it.

After going to the right side of the Café, I saw some Garbage bags and some homeless people sleeping.

"I guess it was just them...", I muttered to myself.

I decided to walk away and continue my search for her, but I suddenly heard someone talking..

"So you've done it again huh."

After hearing those words, I decided to stay a bit longer and listen..

"Yes, I'm done doing the job. Who's next on the list?", said by a voice that sounded like a female..

"There's still 1 person left then after this you're free to go back home.", said by a voice that sounded like a man..

1 person left...? Is this some kind of.. An assassination operation??

"Yes, Sir Jack.", the female said.

Jack?? I don't know if it's THAT Jack, but if it is indeed Jack the Ripper, then I should follow them..
But it would also make sense if this is Jack the Ripper, if this is an assassination operation..
But who's the female..? Don't tell me that he has an assistant??

"You've gone to be quite an obedient and respectful assistant huh.. Watson.", the man said.

Eh....? W-Watson...? It-It can't be... It can't be her right...?