Ranking System

Since the begin of Society, people are split into three groups. One is not chosen to be in a group or can change his group if he wants to, no, people are already born with a status. One might even call the status a ranking.

The most common status is the Beta rank. Around 70% of the people that are born nowadays live as betas. They live a good life. They are strong and independent. The society welcomes them with open hands since they are overall beta ranked people.

Then there are the Alphas. People who are born as a alpha have it easy in life or so they say. Beta's need to obey the Alphas that is what their instinct tells them. Around 20% of people are born as an Alpha. Families that gave birth to an alpha are mostly very proud and would do anything for them. It is said that Alphas have the better chances in survival out from every other one since they are so strong. They were also the ones that are holding the Betas at bey and lead the society into their future.

At the bottom line of them all are Omegas. Only 10% were born as an one. As soon as they status was getting clear to the parents, they often would be killed or abandoned left to fend for themself. However there are a few families that accepts them as who they are and not what they are.

Each person finds their rank out as soon as they get 4 years old, that's when the animal in them awakens. Some might feel pain when it happens, others feel overjoyed and some are even hungry and can't eat enough. The effect is different depending on the person but everyone finds it out on their 4th birthday.

Whoever the ranking doesn't stop here!

Only a very few people, we are talking about 0.1% of the world population are born as S ranked omegas! The S stands for Special Omegas.

Omegas themselfs can show their animalistic side from time to time. This means that they get their inner animal ears and tail. In addition, an omega is not able to transform into his full animal form. Most omegas have the traits of a wolf only a few of them have different animal trails and are hunted for them.

In fact such Omegas are often seen on the black market or in laboratories. They were a mystery to the society since only 3% of them are not wolf-like at all. Science still didn't have an answer for their difference or the S ranked once, so they were always happy to get one of them into their hands and run some tests on them. Needless to say that those tests are painful and often followed by the test subject's death.

The ranking system wasn't something god came up with when he created the humans, no, it was nature that helped the humans survive. They evolved and with each evolution they began to forget their creator.

Nature is a strange thing even to the God's. First it came up with the ranking system that would make sure that everyone would survive and then it came up with the soulmate bond.

Every living being has a soulmate. Two souls are connected together through an invisible threat in the form of a mark. These tattoo-like marks are called soulmate marks. People usually only have one soulmate but there are special cases where 3 souls are connected together. Although these cases are really rare and nearly unheralded they still exist.

Depending on which status one is, the soulmate mark would be on different places.

Alphas are proud and strong beings; they wear the soulmate mark on their upper arm close to the shoulders visible to anyone. This is mostly there so that the others know not to mistreat the alphas soulmate.

Betas have their marks on the wrist.

Omegas, the weakest member of the ranking system have their marks above their heart. They were being full of emotion. In a way they really were the weakest from them all but only when it comes to hiding their emotions since their instincts, their animal side was stronger than others.

They would go through certain heat circles that were only there for their soulmates to find them. In this circle their smell changes and only their soulmate will be able to smell it. Every omega has his own scent that he hides from every since it was considered an act of weakness. Most of the omegas have an earthy scent mixed with some kind of fruits. However S ranked Omegas mostly smell like the first snowfall mixed with something fruity or even flowery.