𝟐𝟒 | 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

Start from the beginning

"All of this?"

"Yes. Is there a problem with that?"

"Well, my bag is full. You know, all the books, and so on," I lied, lifting my backpack in my hands a few times to make my lie more believable.

"Sure," he said. "At least one of us is a hard-working student and doesn't carry porn magazines to school." I opened my mouth in astonishment.

"Really?"

"Really," a friend said while he threw the food in a plastic bag. "If you're interested, I can take them and show it to you." Otto gave me a naughty wink, and laughter escaped my body like a bird flying out of his cage after years of dreaming about freedom. Oh, how much I'll miss him... He always knows how to make me laugh.

"Sounds tempting, but I'd rather pass," I declined his offer politely, still shocked by his confession.

"As you wish," he shrugged and headed for the exit. "But I bet you're gonna regret it later."

I sat in the driver's seat, nervously squeezing the steering wheel while Otto was at his house, preparing for training

I sat in the driver's seat, nervously squeezing the steering wheel while Otto was at his house, preparing for training. We decided to skip school for today. Me because I "was supposed" to visit my grandfather and Otto because he just didn't want to go. In fact, his carelessness came in handy, as I was able to spend a few last moments with him.

The door opened and sympathetic redhead Susanne, Otto's adoptive mother, came out of them, giving me a huge smile. I returned her greeting through the window.

Otto didn't talk about his real parents because he didn't know anything about them. Apparently, it was better for him. He considered his true family to be the people who cared for him with love. He also got along well with his younger siblings – brother Peter, twins Molly and Dolly, and five-month-old Joy. I was a little jealous of this great family happiness, but never in the wrong way. He deserved to be loved. I, too, received support from Susanne and Luther whenever I needed it, for which I was immensely grateful. I liked them, so it hurt me more to know that I wasn't leaving just one person, but seven.

Otto got in and slid his sports bag across the seat.

"Mom asked where you got such a great car from," he smirked.

"And what did you tell her?" I asked. I watched Susanne enter the house.

"That you found yourself a sugar daddy."

"Otto Wilder, you didn't!" I exclaimed, and horror crept into my voice. The last thing I needed right now was for to Susanne think of me as a gold digger or something.

"Oh, yes, I did," he said satisfied. My right hand answered back quicker than my mouth and struck Otto one behind the ear. "Ouch, what was that for?" he growled with the frowned forehead.

"For lying to your mother, dummy," I explained. Otto rolled his eyes and raised his hands in a defensive gesture.

"Okay, okay, sorry. Let's go. I didn't tell my mom we were going to cut a class- don't!" he stopped me as if he was afraid, I'm going to slap him again.