Sweet Kiss And Devastion

Levi soared through the sky, worry pounding in his heart as he searched for his squad.

But more importantly, her.

He knows that his squad had had the unfortunate luck of encountering the female titan. But the question was; were they alive, or had they lost their lives?

His question was answered when he stopped by a tree with coated roots.

Petra, he thought sadly, gazing at the body that was bent in an unnatural angle. An angle that no human could possibly hope to ever survive.

For Levi, the worst part was her face. Her eyes were dead.

He said nothing as he continued forward, searching for his missing men.

Not long after he had found Petra, Levi had found the remaining members. Erd, with only half of his legs. Gunther, with a huge scar from his shoulder to his thigh.

Oruo, laying on a branch with a broken spine and a nosebleed, lungs probably combusted.

Levi needed to find the remaining member of his squad. The only reason she was even in his squad was so he could protect her from anything that could cause her harm, dammit.

He hummed shortly in surprise as he saw a green-cloaked figure laying on the ground, in a spot far away from the others. How did she get all the way over here?

Levi landed on the ground beside you with a thundering heart, eyes wide and lips parted when he saw your state. Bleeding upper-arm and head.

His legs suddenly gave out underneath him, sending him to kneel beside you as he took you in his arms.

A thick silence filled the air, only to be filled by the birds humming their songs.

"I swore to protect you at all costs," he choked, tucking your bloody hair behind your ear. "I swore..."

Levi released a cry into the air, a desperate plea for you to come back to him. He sobbed and shed his bitter tears.

As he helplessly whispered untruthful words into the chill air, he couldn't help but remember her laugh... that beautiful laugh. Her smile that spoke a thousand wolds to him.

He remembered the time he met you. The memory that you had treasured so dearly to you, that he had no idea you still remembered.

You cried out loudly for everyone in the underground to hear while you sat on the ground, waiting for your dad to pick you up. He had always told you to stay where you were in case you would ever get lost from him.

And today was that day.

You cried helplessly, curling up into a small ball. What could you do when you were only 5 years old?

Suddenly, warm, slim arms wrapped around your small figure, hoisting you into a chest. You shook and sniffled as you looked up at the handsome boy that carried you.

"Hey, brat," he sighed, holding you close to him with one arm as he put his other on his hip. "Did you get lost?"

You nodded, not daring to look anywhere else but him, knowing you weren't gonna like what you would see.

"I'm Y/N," you said out of nowhere, putting your hand on his cheek, causing him to jump slightly. The boy awkwardly took your hand away from his face, clicking his tongue. You'd better not have dirty hands.

"Why?" was all he asked in exasperation. You shrugged and took his little finger.

"My dad always tells me to give someone my hand when saying hi."